Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rio, Baking, 6 a.m. Wake Up Call, Ultrasound

The Scrapping the Music Anniversary Blog Hop has been postponed because of Irene.  I'll post when the new date is so you can have a chance to win a prize from one of the team member's blog.

We finally got to see RIO!  Emma and I loved the music and had downloaded it before the movie came out this past Easter, and we've all read the books at Barnes.  So we knew it would be okay for her to watch...the cockatoo being a little iffy...but she was okay with him...she never seemed scared.
We're getting ready for a family vacation and getting some things to help with the long ride...so since we loved the movie, we bought it this week at Target.  Emma said very loudly when we found the DVD...IT'S RIOOOOO!!!!  
Chickadee has been getting up now as early as 6.  We are NOT morning people.  When I worked, I just did what I had to do, but I'm a night owl.  At least she's on a roll for getting up in time for school...  

But the silliness is always around...I told her she looked like Minnie Mouse with the scoop on her nose, so she wanted me to take a picture...
 Then she wanted me to take a picture of Minnie Mouse with the scoop...
We make a few runs to Menchies now, even more since school...kind of a nice little treat and something to do after school...
 She loves her Aunts and Uncles...so we spelled Holly's name first, helping her...then she did it all by herself except needing help with the Y...the girl amazes us!
 then she traced over Lisa's name...the S is a little tricky...
 had to take a quick picture of the geese crossing as we were going to Menchies...too cute!
 Lots of "baking" going on these days by chickadee.  She has raided our pantry of flour, sugar, cocoa, cornmeal, whatever she can find really...
Mixes it and wants to put it in the "real" oven...it's off so don't worry...sometimes though it has to go in the refrigerator first, she says...
 The messes have been a lot...I really wonder why in the world we ever bought a kitchen set for her for Christmas.  We're working on talking her into letting us sell it IF she wants something else for Christmas which she has already put in her request ;)  will share that later...
 her drawings have gotten even more detailed.  She's done legs and arms on her smiley faces, but this one has a hat now.  This one almost looks like a skeleton face or a bread face!
 She has got us whipped...at least she let Dennis fall back to sleep a little the other morning...
 And we baked some ready-made cookies...you would think she would help since she likes to bake.  But I think she just likes to mix.  But she did really good at helping eat them...
 I thought Emma would really like this new crackle white fingernail polish.  But she wasn't quite sure about it.  I am definitely doing black then the white and orange with the white for Halloween.
 Had the ultrasound today for the lump I felt under my arm.  The radiologist got to see me too, so that was good.  Strange though, because the doctor's office and the letter I received said they found a small spot.  But after the ultrasound and talking to the doctor, they didn't see anything.  All a little confusing, but at least it was checked out.  So I will just keep self-examining myself to make sure it doesn't change.

Because of my appointment, I couldn't pick Emma up from school and thankfully she did okay with that...but I still kept telling her that I will be back even though I won't be there to pick her up at school...so I left her this little message on her chalkboard and texted it to Dennis to show her...
...but she was sooo excited to see me when she and Dennis got back...she didn't want me to leave her sight...so sweet...


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. that's spelled A.U.N.T.I.E. L.I.N.D.A, hee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!