Friday, August 12, 2011

School Success

Lazy days of Summer are over...well, there's not much laziness that goes on these days with a little chickadee...but at least she can be lazy and carefree ;)
We tried to change the bedtime so that she could stay up later and enjoy the cooler weather...but she'd still get up about 7ish...with about 3 hours of more sleep needed...the loopiness wasn't worth it...
So going to bed at 7 (I know ungodly) with her falling asleep about 8 or 8:30...she'd at least get about 11 hours of sleep.  Now if she napped, that bedtime would be different.  But her lack of concentration is so bad when she is tired, it works for us...
and more importantly, it works for going to school...so she can do her best!
 It's not raining outside...that's the Louisiana humidity...the kind of humidity that makes you sweat while standing still...so I don't take a lot of pictures outside when it's this bad...unless I have time to wait for my lens to stop fogging up...
Chickadee is a silly little thing...she says she was being the bull on the Cars movie with the ring in his nose...
Watch out for the bull!   She is also afraid of the bull (the big tractor) from the Cars movie...
 Little chickadee becoming such a big girl...
She was so excited for school...she "made" something for the teachers?  She has two, but she just made one thing!  Her teacher asked if she wanted it on the art board or the refrigerator...Emma picked the fridge.  She was really so excited and pumped up about school...

 We went into the sensory room and she was already ready to start working...so I grabbed a rug for her...and stayed with her about 30 minutes...then I told her I would run errands, and ALWAYS ALWAYS be back.  And when I get back, we will go get ice cream.
I didn't go all the way home...called the school to see how she was doing.  Great, she said...so I went home and had my phone close to me.  She got a little pouty they said with the circle time.  She didn't like the loud music ;)  Poor thing, I think she gets that from me...I'm a migraine sufferer and loud noises I don't like.  But I was so proud that she communicated that to the teachers and they told her they would move her away from the radio.  

It was only about an hour since she had been at school since I called, and she had gone to the bathroom, washed her hands (the teacher said she did it by herself), and then went right back to doing work.  She did about 10 works just in the first hour.   I really love the Montessori teaching and so glad I found out about it.  

And she is doing great with all of the kids.  It goes all the way to kindergarten and they are not separated...they work all together individually, but together...and she does great!

Today, before I left, we were doing some work together and I said, we'll have to ask the teacher what this is because I don't know...she got up, went through two rooms all the way to find the teacher to ask her.  

So VERY proud of her.  Today after school we went to Barnes.  She got her sugar cookie.  But she has been pretty tired after and makes going out not so good.  So we'll see how she does and may change her to full time for 3 days so she can try to rest at school with all of the other kids...

But for now...hoping to just chill because I am under the weather and am trying to do as little as possible to try to rest ;)  Rest - no longer a verb done in our house...

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Glad she is doing so well! Hope you are feeling better. Looking forward to more updates. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia! Your photos are absolutely amazing and so beautiful!! I especially like the one with the humidity showing on the window behind Emma. (And yes, changing bedtime can be a difficult task!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!