Thursday, August 04, 2011

Summer Fun, Merrin's Turns 3, and On the Couch

This summer Emma finally took the plunge and is swimming around the pool!  Took her a little while to get used to the life jacket and floaties...but she is a pro now.

So we have spent more time doing this this summer rather than getting out and about somewhere sweating.  She likes it when I get on the floatie and we pretend it's a car/boat.  She hops off and says, "passenger off."  Then hops back on and says, "passenger on, buckle seat belts."  And this went on for quite awhile ;)

Yes, I have my clothes on...I had gone for a walk.  Instead of trying to peel my clothes off from the sweat and then try to get my swim suit on, I just got in ;)
 And the love of cooking and eating goes on in the kitchen...
 This past weekend we were so excited to go to Merrin's 3rd birthday part at Storyland...
 And Emma was very excited to sing happy birthday to her best friend, Merrin!  Merrin's always has the sweetest face!
 The birthday girl making a wish!
 ...and blowing out the candles!
 This was our first time taking Emma to Storyland.  Had tried in the past, but they were closed.  So she was VERY overwhelmed.  Mostly holding her the whole time, but she started to warm up to some things, like the whale!  Pinnochio's whale.  We had just read the book too, and the whale scared her...so she surprised us when she finally said, "I can do this," and got in...while eating Cheetos!
 We were ready to head home.  Dennis went to the bathroom, and by the time he got back, I had her in the little pool with the whale!  It was so hot...why not...there was enough chlorine in it!
 Nothing like being in your birthday suit on your birthday!  Way to go, Merrin!
 As soon as she got in, she started singing.  I know she likes something when she starts singing.  She does it when she's drawing, making stuff, swimming...she reminds me so much of me when I was little...I used to make up songs too when I would play...where that creativity and carefree spirit went, I don't know...
 Here's the whale...This is the same whale that's been there since I was little...and to be honest...it scared me too...
 And I've walked a little too much outside and on the treadmill this past week...hoping it's just tendonitis acting up and not the old injury...so back to wearing my Danskos for a little bit and icing it...not a happy camper...
This will be the last weekend before Emma starts school!!!  Pray for a smooth transition.  Chickadee has been very attached more than ever and what's to always know where we are, so just praying she'll be okay and no anxiety!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE PICTURES! LOOKS LIKE A VERY FUN TIME. MY GRANDCHILDREN LOVE THE POOL ON HOT DAYS ALSO, IT'S A FUN WAY TO COOL DOWN. BLESSINGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the birthday suit on her birthday! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!