Friday, September 02, 2011

Layouts, More Menchies, Baking, and a Rainy Labor Day Weekend

I knew I'd be using the mixed Sassafras colored letters after doing the Sassafras challenge...love it...here's my last layout with Scrapping the Music.  Decided it was time to move on...

I won't be there for the Scrapping the Music's anniversary...but here is my layout using the very first song on the challenge blog...Corinne Bailey Rae's "Like a Star."  I was inspired by the origami birds on the video I found on YouTube...so I looked up how to make flapping origami birds
It was so easy.  The directions were great.  I just kept making them smaller and smaller until I had the size I wanted for the layout.  Emma liked that I made a 'little' family of them...
And I decided to do this challenge over on Studio Calico.  Kelly Purkey's challenge was to make a layout using the rainbow colors:  red, orange, yellow, green, and blue.  This was a hard one for me for some reason...but I like the end result.  I used the colors throughout, but I wanted to mist and paint the American Craft letters for a little extra emphasis on the rainbow...
 And here's one I just finished documenting about Emma going to her new school...lots of misting and stamping...
 I was so surprised to see that my layout for the Sassafras challenge made the top ten!  Go check out this link and YOU will be VERY inspired by the creations...amazing!
Still lots of baking going on by Emma here...this creation is just flour and sugar with sprinkles, very important.  And she shocked me when she ate some!
Snapped this pic of her eating Spaghetti-Os...which thankfully I've just discovered she likes...she is soooo picky...
and another Menchies run today after school...I get a little stir crazy as it takes her about an hour to eat...I just can't sit that still and I'm with her all day...so I get very antsy...so saw this reflection of the Menchies' light in the window, and took a picture...
 Chickadee ALWAYS gets chocolate in one cup and sprinkles in a separate cup...
That's it for this week...hoping we are not too water logged by the beginning of next week with the storm on its way...hoping everyone is safe and has a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. and you want to take a misting class, why?!

    fab-o lo's as usual!!! hee!!!

    that's my friend Emma!!! : .)

    habe a gud wknd, P!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blow me away with your talent girl! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making the top 10 at Sassafrass! You deserve it, Patricia! Your layouts are FABBY!!! I love every single one of them. Miss you over at STM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love each and every one of your LOs! You rock the mist, I have tried but just can't get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwy! Fab job Patricia!! These are all awesome!! :) I of course love the misting, you've mastered it! <3 I'll miss you so much at STM, but I'll keep visiting your wonderful blog. <3 Thank you for your amazing blog love...I appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeousness, Patricia! Wowwy!! :D
    I love everything you have here, it is beautiful and unique...which always makes a layout perfect in my eyes. The misting is pretty fabulous, too. you do rock it!
    Thank you so much for the blog love...I appreciate it soooo much! <3
    (oh, and I really miss you at STM!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!