Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More from our First Day at Disney World

Looking over the pictures, I realized how much we did just in the first day.  We were crazy.  After our breafast at Chef Mickey's and seeing Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto, Emma had one thing on her mind...to find "all" the friends to get their autograph.  We realized later, she was trying to make sure she got EVERYONE that was pictured on her autograph book...WOW!  Read this post here first to see pictures of Emma and us with the characters.  This was the rest of the day....

21 years, actually next month, since we were married where we spent our honeymoon at Disney World was the last time I had been here. I had gone with Mom and Dad (gotta get those pictures from my sister...hilarious, not fun with your parents when you're a teenager), then with my school on a band trip, and then with a friend and his family.  So even though I had been here, the 21 years from the last time, well, it's still overwhelming.  And I LOVE fall and LOVE Halloween now that we have Emma.  I wish I had taken more pictures, but Dennis was impatient with me, and Emma wanted to get to the dumbo ride.
 Isn't it beautiful...now I'm kicking myself for not buying some of the Halloween stuff I saw there...because the Disney Store online doesn't carry it...
 Trying to soak it all in...it had been so long...and Emma was already loopy from a full morning of excitement...not to mention we were too...
But can you tell what it says?  It took me awhile, and I had to stop the gang once again to get a picture:  What Mickey says all the time, "See Ya Real Soon!"
 Emma was in la la land already...Ha!  Dennis putting on a smile for me...thank you...Did get Photopass pictures so that all 3 of us will be in it...I really resisted paying money for the CD, but I'm glad I'll be getting it soon...
 The gang's not happy again that I stopped or a kodak moment...seeing this again...just brings back lots of memories...had to use the seventies action from the Pioneer Woman...as it seemed appropriate since this is the 40th anniversary since the park opened in 1971...
 Ok...we rode the Dumbo ride and Emma LOVED it!  We all rode, so no pics...  Stopped to see the parade...bad move...Emma started crying...the music was too loud...it's pretty intense, with the heat, the crowd, and the excitement.  She wanted Chip and Dale's autograph next, and was a little upset that she couldn't get it when we saw them too...
 Hi Dale!  You do know how to tell the difference right?  They were always my favorite, so here's how you can tell.  Dale has the red nose, two teeth; Chip has the black nose with one tooth.
 As I edited these photos...Emma ran away from the computer...I can see why she was a little scared...I mean for a 3 year old, that's kind of freaky...
So next, we were headed back around the castle and saw the line for Tangle had gone down and were able to get in...so go back to this post and see us with Tangle and then the fairies.  

Then more rides...I had done some YouTubing and found these rides on there to show Emma so she was prepared and to see her reaction.  We were very selective in what we thought she could handle with being a scardy cat.  Peter Pan was iffy...but we were talking about it, I even bought a book for her and we read it.  Plus I started recording Jake and the Neverland Pirates from the Disney Channel.  So she got used to Captain Hook and the crocodile...but I still think the crocodile is a little iffy for her...but we did it...and she loved it!  

I really wanted to do it because I had been doing some reading that this is one of the original rides at the park when it opened in 1971.  I couldn't find the pin that they said they had for the ride, but I'm glad I got to do it again...and again, brings back memories...
 We did It's a Small World first...we had to get a fast pass for Peter Pan to go on it later.  So glad I showed her this on YouTube...she was singing right along with the dolls...
 Highly recommend the fast pass.  Very different from our paper tickets we had 21 years ago.  Now, your room key is also your park key.  So we each have one, and you use the fast pass machine.  Just be sure to get a fast pass for EVERYONE or else someone won't be riding with you when you return.  It was nice, we went back within the time they said and got ahead of a long line...so took about five mins to get on...


Then we stumbled on the fairies, so glad we did, because even though the wait to see them was 40 mins, we waited in A/C.  After that we decided to venture to Animal Kingdom, because the employee who loved watching Emma at Chef Mickey told us to go there to get another good chance to see the characters and it is more intimate and less crowded.  She was right.  The pics of us with the characters are from that other post here.  But here's the rest of the day...

We were all getting cranky...after hopping on the monorail and getting to the Animal Kingdom, the first thing was to find some ice cream.  Emma fell asleep in the stroller (WE WERE SHOCKED...she NEVER just falls asleep like that).  So we were able to sit and enjoy our ice cream before Emma woke up.  When she did wake up, she woke up grumpy.  So as fast as we could, we got her a cup of ice cream...now she's happy...  
 Emma spied the stuffed Chip and Dale...we couldn't resist...and it is funny because she really takes after me with things she likes...my very first thing from Disney World that I picked was also a stuffed Chip and Dale...much bigger...and I don't even know if I still have them...so I thought it was so sweet...
 Had to post this picture of Mickey...didn't think it would come out...just getting my settings to get ready to get pictures of us with him...but how cute...gotta love that mouse!
 Where we got ice cream...we just found some shade to sit in since there was no indoor place to cool off...
 That's all we did...mainly seeing the characters, and having some ice cream...the day goes fast...and when you look back...it was a very busy first day...

Wish we could have seen more of Animal Kingdom...it is like a zoo...but prettier and they do have rides...
 If you head to Disney World with little ones or if you want to see the characters for pics...this is the place to go inside Animal Kingdom...Camp Minnie Mickey...
 Had to get the big Tree of Life...also got the all three of us with photopass...
 It really was beautiful...

 So maybe the next time, we'll see more of this...
 We decided as we were heading out, to go ahead and eat while at the park...hadn't heard of the Rainforest Cafe, but it was really good...noisy with the "fake" animals and the noises they make...we weren't sure if Emma was going to handle it...but she did good thankfully...
 Terrible pics I know with the flash...but very fun atmosphere...
 Emma had her "My First Visit" button, Dennis and I had a "Happy Anniversary" button, and Dennis had a "Happy Birthday" button...so when we ordered this humungous dessert (which we didn't know would be this big), they sang happy birthday to him...
So that is the complete first day...Emma did amazing considering the heat, the waiting, the excitement...

And we got to see the giraffe when we got back to the hotel room...
Day two at the parks coming next...

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!