Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Summer Cannot Be Over

This week we will get our last two little Menchie foam "thingy's.  Then we can fill out our card and Emma can get a big Menchie...she is very excited...and is carrying around the cards and playing with the foam thingy's everywhere...
We didn't have any problem with the storm...just rainy and gloomy...so stayed in a lot.  We finally did some chalk paint...
...in the hallway...she doesn't spend much time in her room, so it was a good spot for it.  Yes, that's a ghost and a pumpkin.  Those are her two most favorite stuffed animals...
And changing my walk up a little...since Monday when I went for a walk, one of the neighborhood dogs luckily only bit my pants instead of my leg...so going a different route.  And thanks to Lisa, I finished up my iTunes gift card (well Emma helped a lot too).  I am terrible at downloading music, because I want it all and now with Emma, I can't really listen to it anyway...but the songs are all clean if she gets a hold of my phone...(there's one that my have one word that I wouldn't want her repeating)
Since the storm, the weather is wonderful.  Cool in the 70's...so nice...so headed over to get wet and get a snowball...
 a chocolate snowball for Emma, of course...
 all the kids are in school so just us...she was in her own little world of singing and hitting the button for the fountains to come on...
 then stopped at the library...she wanted Mickey...wasn't sure about this DVD, have to say...we only watched a little...I don't either one of us were too impressed...don't hate me...I don't think I liked it either as a kid...
 she did get a Mickey book...but I could never read it to her...she wouldn't let me.
 Today was going to be a long day, so I decided we would head to the zoo since the weather is nice...she did the carousel twice...
 not scared at all this time...
 ...her hands hurt her from holding on so tight though ;)  I think she was a little nervous.  I was holding her the whole time though...
 then we tried the cool zoo for the first time.  She has been afraid of alligators lately, so that huge humongous alligator in the back ground that dumps water on you...well, we stayed away from him...
 instead cautious little Emma stayed where the fountain only went as high as an inch...that was her comfort level...and she was singing, so all good...
 Beautiful weather and no crowds...I like that!
 Singing up a storm...
Getting ready for our big family vacation...more to come...have a great week!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love the chalk wall, you know Joey is not letting me do that but I will try, ha!!! Emma sounds just like Merrin at the cool zoo and tell Emma my favorite snowball is chocolate too!!!
    Have a great trip!!!

    Xoxo,

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Patricia, for sharing your wonderful photos and family with us! I love that chalk board, too, and want one in my room, not Anne's! LOL!!!! I am glad that your home was ok during the storm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!