Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Disney Album Finished Up

Last pages of the Disney album...

 I really liked the whole idea of the album with the different size page protectors.  
 I liked it so much that I think I'm going to start my own Project Life, but using the protectors, albums, and supplies I have.  Here's some examples here and here of what people have done.
 I want to attempt it and try to make it work for me because I print every picture I take and put in albums.  There's no way I could ever scrapbook every picture, but I also hate not seeing them in paper form in front of me.  
What I normally do is in Photoshop Elements, I create contact sheets to fit four pictures into one 4x6 area.  I just want to see the pictures, I don't need a 4x6 of every single picture.  I cut each section of 4x6 photos and put in a regular photo album.  I like the Project Life approach, because even if I'll never scrap certain photos, it's life that I want to flip through and look at, but with the added detail of artwork and mementos...
 So that's one goal for 2012...I have some time to think it through to make it work for me.
 So maybe, especially Emma will be able to look back on the details of our life and her life.
 Back to the Disney album...I had to be careful what I put in here in hopes that Emma would not try to take them out for her to scrap.  I kept explaining that this is our "family" album of our trip together.  She and I did have to get two separate princess postcards...I knew I'd never be able to use the one she had.  So far she's been okay, but she's been looking...  It was hard trying to scrap with the mementos on my desk...so I had to kind of clean up after myself and "hide" it from her.

 And here, I just did a normal 12x12 layout to sum up the trip home in our rental RV...

 A few more tidbits from the trip in an 81/2 x 11 protector and almost done, all except for the...
...cover...I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do for the cover until I looked down at the PJ set I got from WDW and had the lightbulb moment.  So this...inspired...
...this...I went to Disney Junior to the coloring and create link and found a Mickey that would be good as a silhouette.  
I enlarged him a little in Photoshop Elements, printed him on cardstock, then cut him out.  I used Studio Calico white mist to spray the cover.  After that dried, I used a little adhesive (Scotch ATG) to make him stick down while I sprayed Studio Calico's blue...which is why he is blue right here ;)
I let that dry several hours, then it was time for some stenciling...
 I got the ears from one of the purchases of hair accessories I picked up for Emma at WDW (I save everything that would make good art).  I mixed Studio Calico white and red...and started stippling the ears onto the album...
I was still getting some chalkiness on my fingers from touching the album...so I sprayed a coat of the clear acrylic sealer...after drying for several hours, I was still getting chalk from touching it...
So since I had decided on using Thickers (letters) for the album, I knew I would be using some gel medium to make sure they weren't going anywhere.  I used this kind, but any is fine...I usually use the 40% coupons at Michaels for these.  The gel medium worked to seal the cover, but I knew it would kind of smear and remove the light colored stamping I did on the background for texture...but I had to do it.
 Gel medium dries really fast and it is noticeable with the "D" in World being a little off...I should have known better, but it's not forgiving, so there it will stay.  Emma told me it is all right if I mess up...we should always tell ourselves that ;)  The stars were rubons from Studio Calico as well as the letters and the year, which don't stand out a lot...I may get a Sharpie pen to outline around them...but then again...I like the "Disney World" to stand out...
I didn't have too much of a mess to clean up in the scrap area, because I did it a little as I went...
 Still need to clean up a little more.  It's always an organized mess...Emma and I are always making something so it's usually a little messy...
 Princess Emma working right next to me..."sharing" with her as she says...

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed your Disney book on 2peas and had to check out the rest of it! You've done such a great job, very cute book, love the cover! Looks like you had a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful album! I like the mix of protectors you used. Great way to capture the memories & memorabilia. :) Found your post via Pinterest & scrapping the visit buttons. Pinned the idea for our next trip. tfs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!