Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Disney Album So Far...

Took some quick pics of the Disney album so far.  I went with this American Crafts binder and the majority of the page protectors are from We R Memory Keepers because I wanted various sizes...here's a link to just one and then you can see the others that are offered.  This one has 8 3x3 pockets and 1 6x12.
 Used up pretty much the rest of Mind the Gap kit from Studio calico just on the first part...
 This page protector is 6x12...love mixing them...and they are good for putting memorabilia from the trip in them.  It made me think of redoing the album I did going to China and adopting Emma...but at least I have it documented.

 This page protector has 4 4x6 and 3 4x4 pockets.
 I have been holding onto the Happy Camper from Cosmo Cricket since it came out...I still love it and used it a lot here...
 and then a traditional 12x12 protector...
 I had also ordered some of Studio Calico's State Fair and Countryside...and then just recently got more in their grab bags...so glad...they were perfect for a lot of the album...along with just about everything in my stash that coordinated...
  an 8 1/2 x 12 holding the guide of animals we could see from our room...
 another 12x12...
 ...and included our tickets/room key, and map of our hotel.
 Wanted to emphasize the first day of going to Disney World, so used the 8 3x3 and 6x12 pockets...
 the whole trip was special...but seeing the characters for the first time...had to document it well...
 Scrapping the rest of Chef Mickey and then our first time seeing the Magic Kingdom...included the Photopass cards on this one...
 The CD for the Photopass photos was pricey, but you can add signatures of the characters, frames, etc.  And to just have all three of us together...it was worth it...
 The majority of the rest of album I used these 4x4 pockets...I knew I would have tons of pictures...so it was perfect...

 The guide map of the parks wouldn't fit, so I scanned them and resized to fit in the pockets using Photoshop Elements.
 And then from here on, I really tried to be more creative with not using any thick embellishments, only paper...so it would not flare out too much.  And I included more journaling along with the photos in my handwriting.

 I just wanted visual interest, so used every possible piece of pattern paper, stickers, washi tape, labels, etc.
 I had also held back on using one of my Studio Calico kits, because I wanted to use it for this album.  Lots of Paper Moon on these pages...

 Stickers and labels were great...but also cutting out of pattern paper helped a lot too...
 Started to include some of the labels and things from our purchases...and scanned the Disney Dowtown map for this one...much bigger so had to make sure it would fit across 12x12 but in the 4x4 pockets.

 I tried to keep the colors to compliment the photos or the overall page...so I used more subtle colors for Emma's makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
 Started cutting some stars and a bow out using the Silhouette and cutting more out of pattern paper...trying to keep it as flat as possible.
 And this is where I stopped...almost done...I've had fun doing this.  I would definitely do another album like this and may consider redoing our trip to China like this too...the rest will come later...

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. yowza!!! didn't you say you were gonna make it simple??? an amazing amount of detail here! E will have so much fun looking thru this in the years to come!!!

    (how funny, my word verification is "psiou". I owe you something? heh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! We went to Disneyland last month. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for keeping all those little papers like you did until they see the album. :) Joann's has some really cute disney srcap stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks soooo good the next time we come over I will have to check it out! We had a great time today and we will see you girls next weekend!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this album!!!!!! You did such an amazing job with it! What a great idea!!!!! And I am loving looking at how much fun you guys had as a family. We took Anne to get a Princess Makeover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS is so great!! Wow!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your album!!
    We went on a road trip from San Antonio, Texas to Boise, ID for Thanksgiving, I ordered lotsa goodies from scrapbook.com (where I found u lol) for the album. Should arrive today! I hate the traditional 12x12 layouts, they take so long and are harder to organize for me. I do them sometimes but I am really looking forward to using the other styles, hopefully I can actually complete the album. HA!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!