Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Picking a Pumpkin from Pumpkin Patch and Painting It

I can see how you could live through a child.  Something as simple as a Pumpkin Patch...I had never been to one and didn't even know we had any down here...always thought that was more up north.  But thanks to my friend, Wendy, we found out about this place...I don't know who was more excited, me and Dennis having never been to a pumpkin patch, or Emma...
 Emma wanted the "BIGGEST ONE EVA" as she says...so we tried our best to find that perfect one...
 The family left me as again I see those cute photo ops, and they're waiting on me again ;)  The pumpkin is loaded up and now we're ready to do more playing...
 Had to sneak in another quick picture...
 The first fun thing to do...we head straight for this HUMUNGOUS RED tarp rubbery thingy that must have some serious air going through the bottom of it...we ALL got on, tried to get a few pics...isn't she cute, both feet our off and she is bouncing!
 I realized picture taking while ON this thing was a losing battle...
 Weeee....
 So we try for just a few shots to capture our fun...and then to heck with that...we ALL wanted to bounce around and just have fun...
 Such a cute "little" place, but not really little...
Emma also loved pretending to ride the horse and wagon...goofy pic, but a favorite of me and her being goofy...we're singing "giddy-up, giddy-up, giddy-up up up"  Both she and I make up songs...as Dennis says, we're two peas in a pod...

 Took advantage of the photo ops...even though the pumpkins and the sun are giving us an orange glow...But this is my ALL time FAVORITE photo of Dennis and Emma!
 More orange glow...but she's actually smiling for the picture!  Or maybe it's because she's on Momma's lap and I tend to make her laugh.  She is VERY attached to me even more than ever right now...
 Okay...all done...she's ready to hit the road and we're ready for Cracker Barrel...but wanted a few more pictures around the place...so while holding her...I got these shots...



Then the next day, she's ready to paint her perfect "BIGGEST EVA" pumpkin ;)
 I asked her if I could take pictures of her painting, she said ok...

 Then she wanted to pull out the FujiInstax to do what I was doing...thankfully there was still some film in it...need to get more...but may have to be for Christmas...not an inexpensive hobby...
We're ready for Halloween...decorated, still working out details of costumes... 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE all your pics I wish I could have taken more. Such a great photo of the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the pics.! I can't wait for next year when we can go to the pumpkin patch with Frances :) I've never been to one either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! It looks like you had such a fun day! I love all of the pumpking picking photos, and the painting photos, too! I especially LOVE Emma's camera! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!