Monday, January 02, 2012

Brand New Year for Scrapping the Music

A fresh start to Scrapping the Music after a little break...and the first challenge song is up!

Artist:  Janis Joplin
Song:  Piece of My Heart
(to my sister, Holly, if you're reading this, I think you HAVE to do your very first scrapbook page to this song)



I decided to use the inspiration from "piece of my heart" for how I love to spend time with my family and how important they are to me.  So the title "Pieces of My Heart" is what I chose for this challenge:
I stamped on the canvas trim, cut all the hearts with the Silhouette.  The top four hearts were cutouts for something else..but decided it looked good to use as the background paper.  The photos were taken with my DSLR Canon 7D...but I used Poladroid to make them look like polaroids...tongue twister there.  Check it out here.  You don't have control over how your photo is cropped...and they do have that "darker" look just like a polaroid (as far as I could tell).  My love of polaroids, instax, etc...a little obsessed...aren't we, my friend, Linda ;)  Ha!
Come check out the challenge and the amazing layouts by the rest of the team, lots of inspiration...create a layout for this song, scrap memories, scrap a special photo...we would all love to see it!


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!
    Love what you made, those stamps, the hearts, the polaroids...yummy! Love all the little bits and pieces to look at! And that song is just awesome!! Have to join in this time...it's been way to long!
    Love your blog and what a beautiful family you have!!loving those pictures of you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Patricia! Every little bit of this page is simply amazing! Great work girl. You even made me like that denim paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute!! Love that it really captures the feelings you are expressing-awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Love your layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful, wonderful, wonderful layout!! I love everything about this. It is cheerful, sweet, special. I always love visiting your blog to see the fun and inspiring creations! Thank you for being such a wonderful supporter of me and my blog, too. You're a wonderful friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Patricia! I absolutely adore this page! It is so sweet and beautifully scrapped! You have a beautiful family, my friend! I love that we share a little piece of our hearts from China!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous, heartfelt LO! I've booked marked the STM site and hope to give it a try sometime soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!