Friday, January 13, 2012

Championship Game

Finally...sharing some pictures Dennis took with the point and shoot and the Bama vs. LSU game...

Now, see this is the part I would like...I'm all about the bands and field shows...
2 very happy boys...
the final...
okay...this means nothing to me, but to Dennis and football fans it does...so here it is...
the celebration afterwards...they stayed through all of it...
and I was home watching it myself (well, sort of) and I am so glad I got this with the iPhone...love the expression on the coach...
Obviously, Dennis and Dean got home safely, but I was very concerned about their safety.  I am mostly neutral to football because I really don't get into it, I cheer for Bama because of Dennis, and definitely I cheer for the Saints (although I don't watch the games)...it's supposed to be friendly competition.  I think the one reason I don't like it, is how ugly fans can get to one another.  And it is affecting children, specifically Emma.  Emma will not wear any sports related shirt AT all.  Her spirits were broken as she spotted the color red on some running shoes in a store and said to her Daddy, "it's red for Alabama, roll tide roll," and an LSU fan told her no no no...she was broken, literally, face dropped, and still we have to talk to her about it.  She doesn't understand all of this and to see the not so friendly competition from a neutral standpoint as mine and then through the eyes of my child, disgust me.  What's wrong with saying to an LSU fan Roll Tide Roll and then to say Geaux Tigers back to the Bama fan?  Cheer for your team, be proud.  Eat this, you suck, or for us to go through a restaurant wearing Bama shirts and be boo'd.  The cockiness, the attitude...so people would argue that you need that to win a game...do you really?  I don't like it...it's now too personal rather than just a game.  I don't get on my soap box really at all on my blog about my opinions...but there comes a time when I have to speak my mind...

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. LOL Patricia! Your post really made me laugh! I feel the exact same way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!