Monday, January 16, 2012

Next Scrapping the Music and More Layouts

This week's challenge song on Scrapping the Music is by Kid Rock, Angeleena Presley, and T.I. called "Care."  It's a song that really makes you think about the world and those in need.  It's an overwhelming song of the hurts and struggles of people all over the world, and that the most you can do is care.  It all starts with us.  So I chose the lyrics "quit stressing."  I also picked a simple reminder to live in the present, focus on the now.  If you've ever watched Kung Fu Panda, you know where I got "yesterday is history; tomorrow a mystery; today is a present."  I constantly need reminding of this...to embrace it...
 I've been trying to scrap a little more, or at least be creative.  I have wanted to scrap these pictures ever since I took them on July 4th...so I finally did it and took the plunge with a 2-pager...not easy for me at all, but I like the way it came out.

 Going through those photos, I came across this and thought that would make a good layout as well...
 And then, I realized I had never scrapped these photos from this summer.  Emma started swimming, we were in the pool just about every day to cool off from this Louisiana heat and humidity...

And then my personal favorite..all about me, ha...I love the grunge look of this and how this came together with the tag in the middle.  That was me playing (which I need to do more of, just putting things down without thinking) after watching the first video from JumpStart.


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. all of them are so cool, you really rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, patricia, all of your LOs are incredible!! and i love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, Patricia!! These are all so wonderful! You have been a scrappin' queen! :D I love your style so much, it is so darn wonderful. I'm so inspired...I need to get home and get to work (on fun stuff). <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing layouts. I love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Patricia! All of your layouts are so amazing! You are so darn creative, my friend!!!!! I especially love the lyric you chose for this week's STM song! Very, very true and your page ROCKS! I am so happy to be working with you on the design team again, my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! I just discovered your blog and I am now a fan and a follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!