Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I {Heart} Art Layout Details

Project Life coming soon, but I had a couple of my Scrapping the Music friends ask about my I {Heart} Art layout, so I thought I would share it here as well.  Still have time to play along this week...check it out here.

This was a really quick layout...rarely do I finish one within just an hour or so.  I usually work on it a little at a time.

  1. I squirted mist and poured a little water into a cup (see Amy Tan's video here) and splattered with blowing through a straw (Emma had to do it too, so cute).  
  2. That tag, was just playing around and slapping color here and there.  I sprayed mist onto a Ranger mat, sprayed some water on top, then smeared the tag in it.  Idea came from Dina Wakley's Jump Start Video that Nat hosted in January.  Then I just grabbed stamps (no thinking at all...just picked a stamp and color and stamped).  It didn't look good at all, but I kept going (again inspired by Nat's Jump Start).   I put the tag to the side on my desk.
  3. The little piece of transparency poking out from the right was from product, the wrapper...I had grabbed it to mask stamping with paint, by chance, I liked it so...I saved it.  
  4. I am a messy scrapper, so it was funny that everything was near me and I grabbed it, tried it, and if it worked it stayed!  
  5. The "my heart is trying..." I used these http://store.scrapbook.com/ek-itabc4.html I have the capital letters too...my favorites, I got mine at Michael's.  (TIP:  I knew I'd need 2 rows...and also started stamping backwards to make sure it lined up the way I wanted it)
  6. I have a container for mine that I got through Scrapbook.com but I didn't see them.  So found the exact one I have here.  
  7. And for the ink with letters...my favorite is the Distress Ink Weathered Wood...not too bold and perfect for a subtle look.
  8. So the layers were, the watered down mist, the tag (added messy twine and adhered with 3 brads), the plastic wrapper, half of a doily (cut with Silhouette SD), piece of October Afternoon paper, another piece of October Afternoon cut with Silhouette SD, Crate paper border sticker (stapled some things together and glued as well), stamped frame (old Bam Pop Stamp), and origami heart...oh just another piece of October Afternoon cut into a banner at the bottom.
My friend, Linda, asked what I was thinking when I made this.  I was thinking I want something different from what I normally make (I'm calling this my European look, as I see a lot of of this style from European scrappers), I didn't want perfection (I even made a boo boo in the journaling at the top), I didn't worry how the end result would be.

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love that it is photoless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I am so not a messy scrapper, but love seeing the work o those that are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool layout! I love the messy mist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wish I could layer things like you do! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia! This is a beautiful layout! LOVe the paint drips. Congrats on the Paper Issues DT! My term ended just as your began so we just missed each other but I will follow along to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. def. one of my favs!

    : .)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!