Thursday, February 23, 2012

More Playtime with Washi Tape

Playing with my limited supply of Washi tapes and/or Washi like tapes, thanks to my chickadee.  Used American Crafts (Nightfall and Amy Tangerine), MT by Cute Tape, and Martha Stewart (from her Christmas tapes).  I pulled only light soft colors for the banner.  Such an easy thing to do, but looks so cute.  Just wrap a piece of tape around the twine, stick together, and cut in a banner shape.  I also used two October Afternoon flyers from their Sidewalks line, because they really went perfectly with the colors and I wanted a little bit more variety. 

The teeny tiny grey butterflies are also with the MT grey diagonal Washi tape.  I punched those out with a Martha Stewart punch.
 Used more October Afternoon Flyers and Flower sacks to embellish, some chipboard from Crate Paper, Basic Grey brads, Amy Tangerine hanger paperclip, Studio Calico stamp.  I masked and misted a die cut pattern paper by Studio Calico onto the background first, then I poured some cream mist on top...kind of wanted a stained look, since the look was soft and vintage looking.
The little pearls on the butterfly were some sewing notions from my Mother's stash, thanks, Sis, for letting me raid the button stash.  Very fun layout to put together.  The yellow and cream stripe border was cut with the Silhouette. 

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. supah kawaii! I like that you included your process!!!

    : .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet layout...love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is SO gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this page Patricia, all the little details, so much to look at but still with a simple and cosy feel. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the washi banner look! You rocked this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on the Paper Issues blog. Super cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layout! Love the banner and the way you
    Created the title, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!