Monday, February 06, 2012

Project Life, Week 5

Project Life, Week 5 - this week went together faster than the others...hopefully it is a sign that I'm getting the hang of this.

Used an American Craft 6x12 protector to put some artwork Emma did at the Chinese New Year Celebration we went to...
 ...and the other side, I put the flyer from the church
 Had a lot of pictures, but picked favorites and/or ones that gave the feel for the fun that we had.
 And this page went quick.  In Photoshop Elements, I pulled up a 4x6 blank canvas/page and put the iPhone or camera photos onto it...made them small and kept in mind I wanted to add journaling.  Printed them, cut them out and put on the pattern paper.  The 3x4 pockets went quick too as I used this phone app again and took advantage of the storyboards it offers.  So I resized to fit the pockets and then added the journaling to another card next to each.  

That cute little "Love This" badge is from Kai Lun over at Pieced Paper.  To the right of her blog, she has a link for shopping.  Great stuff to add to Project Life.  And the badges are the perfect size, not too big and not too small.  I just added some Beacon glue to the back to glue down.  Thank again, Kai Lun for my goodies!
I have a couple of things that should have been added to this week, but my mindset for doing this is casual and non-stressful, and to me that means being flexible.  So I've saved the photos to print and the extra journaling.  
When I'm ready, I can print them off, and then start a new page for the next week.  As long as I date things, I don't feel a pressure to get everything to fit within the pages.

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. looks great! Fantastic photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the 4x6 photos cut up and put in two spaces. I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages! I love too how you divided the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your PL365s! I just did my first batch of layouts this past weekend and had a lot of fun. Now I'm browsing for lots of PL365 inspirations.

    Agree with you with typing the journal with the photo. What I do now is type the story in the metadata field, specifically Title and Caption. This way whether I print the photos out, upload on line or email the photos, the stories go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you split your photos-awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great entry! I love your split images as well- I tried sewing my page for the first time this week just so I can get pockets small enough to try that- I ned more practice though- the line was wavy. Beautiful details- love hat lantern lace!!! Great photos- saw a whole bunch of new pages over at Scrapbook.com- will need to make time to leave coments because they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the mention (:

    I just wanted to say again it is awesome that you are teaching her this little things about the ethnic heritage and I'm sure that you and your husband are enjoying the learning journey too (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. your PL is looking awesome, love that you added your daughters projects too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!