Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Washi Flower and Layout

From now until March 3rd, you can link up your projects, layouts, cards, etc., to this month's theme at Paper Issues:  Tape it up.  Use washi, masking, Dymo, taper, packing, any kind of tape, any way.  Link up your projects and share, I would love to see what you create.  It can be something brand new or something old.

I decided to play a little with some Washi and/or Washi like tapes.  My stash has been used up quite a bit by my little chicadee...these are the ones that I'll monitor her use.  I used American Crafts (nightfall and Amy Tangerine), MT by Cute Tape.  I used a piece of pattern paper I had cut with the new Cameo (yes, I upgraded!), but it was my first time using it, so the paper was really curly and kind of ripped from the very sticky mat.  So I didn't use it as intended, but started covering it with pieces of tape.  Just wrapped it around randomly, straight, crooked.  It made the piece of pattern paper very easy to manipulate into a folded flower.
Grabbed a leftover circle and covered with red tape.
Pressed the folded flower around onto the sticky circle.
For the center pieces and any other areas that didn't stick enough to the red tape, I added glue dots.
Used the Crop-A-Dile to put a hole in the middle and attached a brad.  Used Beacon Fabri-Tac glue to apply it to the layout.
Since my layout was looking very bright (I was pulling colors from the gorgeous sunset)...I decided to emboss a camera stamp onto an old piece of Hambly transparency.  I just made sure not to hold the heat gun too close and warp the transparency.  I haven't done this technique in a very long time, and Vee reminded and inspired me of how cool this can be.
I cut it out and applied with Scotch ATG.
I had so much fun just playing...I added ripped pieces of tape to the center of the design and at the top as well.  And FYI, this piece of cardstock is the back...I had grabbed it when I needed something to mask stamp and mist...loved the look of it so used it for the background.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. that washi flower is fantastic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous WOW!!! Love your washi flower, and the whole layout is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooooooooo FAB!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!