Saturday, March 03, 2012

Blessed to be 3

I'd say I'm excited about Spring, but we didn't have a Winter, so our Spring is already feeling like Summer.  But I still love the "feeling" of Spring, the newness, the freshness, new beginnings.  And as much as I don't like bugs...the fluttering of bumblebees, butterflies and dragonflies, as long as it is not near me ;)
I really wanted to do an Irish/Celtic type feel for this layout.  I first cut the Celtic knot from green Crate Paper from their Random collection.  Then I layered the entire knot on top of the Crate Paper pink paper (which was perfect not just because it was pink but because it looked like one of my Irish sweaters).  I ungrouped the knot (using Silhouette) so I could recut the dark blue part of the knot and layer that on top.  So now I had this huge knot, which was a challenge for me to incorporate photos with it.

I got it to work by keeping the photos close to it and layering and embellishing around it and the photos.  

The photos were taken just the other day after we went to Old Navy to get our St. Patrick's shirts.  Emma wouldn't wear hers for the photo.  Instead, she took the old point and shoot, and was taking pictures of us (she is so much like me).  I told her she couldn't get in the picture without her shirt (yes, a little mean, I know).  Of course, we gave in!  So I think the title is a play on not just us becoming 3 but how she got into the picture as well.

Supplies:  Pattern Paper (Crate Paper, October Afternoon); Tissue (Studio Calico); Stickers (Pebbles, American Crafts, October Afternoon, Crate Paper); Chipboard Stickers (Crate Paper); Buttons (October Afternoon and My Mind's Eye); Twine (We R Memory Makers); Border Punch (Fiskars); Journaling card (October Afternoon); Letters/Numbers (Jillibean Soup, American Crafts, Pebbles); Wood banner (My Mind's Eye); Mist (Studio Calico); Doily

The picture of just us:
 And pics Emma took (she's good!)



Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. such a sweet post! LOVE your LO - that celtic not is really clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree about your thoughts about this winter and spring - lol!! Great page perfect for this time of year! Love the celtic know accenting the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Celtic knot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the details on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty layout, I really like all the layers.
    I wish it felt like Spring here, there is still loads of snow here :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great design! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwww! Such adorable photos - yep - Emma is a good photographer just like her mom!!!! And I absolutely LOVE your layout! I am 1/2 Irish - on my dad's side, so we always celebrated St. Patrick's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of the layers! Emma has quite the eye for photography :). Frances likes to take pics with my old iPhone, there are about 300 pictures of my knees and our dog on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Celtic knot and the photo of you is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all for bees and flowers until the bees start dive bombing me when I'm enjoying the sunshine. LOL Your layout is really awesome. The Celtic knot is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool layout- that knot looks like it took a lot of work :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!