Sunday, March 18, 2012

Candy Shop at Paper Issues and St. Patrick's Parade

Today is a new day and a new theme starts at Paper Issues.  Candy Shop.  Think candy colors, candy holders, candy related anything.  And there's a mini blog hop going on over at Paper Issues.  You will want to check it out, because you could win this:


Head over to Paper Issues.  Check out the what the amazing girls have created to start the blog hop.  To win the kit, all you have to do is be a follower of Paper Issues blog and Like Paper Issues on Facebook.  Worth trying to win these gorgeous goodies.

Here's what I did for the theme.  I love wreaths and decorating, but the seasons are usually gone and no decorating.  So I did this in stages.  Wrapped the styrofoam wreath with yarn (which is very time consuming have to say).  
I bought the pearls, ribbon, and yarn together.  That's as much as I knew as far as how it would come out.  Then I started making paper flowers.  I used the Silhouette to do these so they folded easily.  Used lots of Pebbles, American Crafts, Hambly, Studio Calico exclusive papers...the "smile" sticker is from Jenni Bowlin, and the brads are My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart.  The little pieces of ribbon on the twine are the new Hug and Snug seam binding that is in the store now at Paper Issues.  I love this type of ribbon because it is so easy to work with.  You can never have an ugly bow with that ribbon.    Use code PATRICIA for 20% off.
Other than wrapping the wreath, this is a very quick wreath to make.
I went with wire again for the leaves.  Cut a long piece, then wrapped around it and formed a leaf on both ends.  The wire is so forgiving.  (green floral wire about 26 gauge)
I traced onto a piece of Hambly overlay.  Cut it out.  Knew it would not fit exactly, but going with an imperfect fun look.
Used Beacon Fabri-Tac to glue one end to the wire.  Just let it sit a little to set.
Then I took a piece of silver wire, about 26 gauge also, and looped around a few pieces of the yarn in the back.  Looped it and twisted it.  You can see below that I also used "T" pins to hold the twine in place for the banner.
I did add some drops of liquid pearls using Viva to the wire leaves.  Didn't come out quite as I expected, but I went with it anyway.

And a few quick pics of the fun we had yesterday with Merrin and all of her beautiful family at a St. Patrick's Day Parade.  We had such a great time.  Thank you so much Sandra and Ted for letting us come to your beautiful home.  Love you all!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.  
 Such sweet little Irish Lasses...and amazing Dad's :)

 Bob and Ernie.  I think I could have snuck them home with me...



Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous wreath!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love your wreath! That idea with the overlay is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is out of sight! Wow. Love it. Great color choices. Totally adorable pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a huge weakness for robin egg blue. When I laid eyes on this...wow! Absolutely darling...the little banner on there is the perfect added touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet!

    love the creativity! wired leaves! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that wreath is awesome!!!! Also love the sweet picts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noreen Duhon11:16 PM

    Once again a display of your beautiful talent. Of course enjoyed the pictures. Bob & Ernie have arrived, they made your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous wreath! I love the colors and the cute banner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pics are so sweet! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first thing I noticed about the wreath (other than the GORGEOUS blue color) were the polka dot wire leaves! That is a genius touch! I love the color palette you used, the inventiveness in your techniques and THANK YOU for the tutorial because I just bought some wire this weekend (talk about coincidence!!) and now realize I have the wrong gauge (DOH!) Back to the craft store it is! I loved seeing the photos over Instagram this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Patricia that wreath is amazing. I am totally inspired. Roughly how much wool was required as I am so going to try this but do not have any wool on hand. What lovely photos of your daughter and friends. As for Bob and Ernie! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated St. Patty's Day! I love the photos!!!!!! And wowza! Your wreath project is absolutely AWESOME, Patricia. Every little detail looks great - so creative and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I applaud anyone who has the patience to wrap a wreath with yarn... I got about 10 minutes into one wreath before and lost my cool. *grins* Your wreath is gorgeous!!! Perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wreath (and family) are gorgeous! I featured your wreath on my blog this week in my Weekly Inspiration post. I'd love for you to stop by and take a peek:

    http://www.sewcreativeblog.com/weekly-inspiration-easter-wreaths-door-decorations/

    Best Wishes,

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!