Thursday, March 22, 2012

Layouts I did at Scrapfest

Scrapfest to me is not just hanging out and chatting with friends...but it is like blissful uninterrupted "me" time.  I know it's my chance to catch up and do things that I usually don't have time for.  So I did 4 layouts for Scrapping the Music first.  Then I did some special photos that had to be scrapped.

This was the very last layout I did...I was delirious, my eyes were burning...I'm surprised I even got this done.  I only had to add a few little things, like the ribbon, button, and fill in the frames later.  A special layout about our friends, Dean and Kathy using mostly Studio Calico's Daydream Believer Kit, except for the wood veneer alphas and tape from the County Fair Kit.  

I get in a rut and I want to try some things...so I tried another 2-pager for this special trip to Virginia for Thanksgiving to see family we never get to see...Emma got to see just how big her family really is.  Most everything is from the County Fair Kit.

Trying to crank out layouts, but they were coming slow to me.  So I played around with this one by stamping randomly all over cardstock, then a layer of gesso, then some gold Viva ink smeared here and there.  Most of this is from County Fair and Shooting Gallery Kits.
Most everything from this one came from the Daydreamer Kit and the Add on Pattern Paper.  I was going to submit this to the Scrapbook Trends call for "Your Quirks," but time got away.  I loved this call and still had to do it.  Stamped with Jenni Bowlin stamps onto the pattern paper.  Decided to cut them out as use as windows.  Backed it with the Dear Lizzy ruffle paper.  I had done an art journal just writing anything and everything that came to mind.  Then I went around and took pictures of the things I liked best to scrap about.  The "Fluff Cycle" is my favorite quirk...because I hate to iron and I always forget to get my clothes out of the dryer...so they get fluffed again.
Dreary raining day today...hoping to get a little more accomplished while chickadee is at school for a short time.

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome Layouts Patricia! I love all the little details, layering and mist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such a broad range of talent! its very cool that you are able to use so many "mediums" in your work, like the inks, and stamping, and, and, and...

    awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG So much fun! I love each of your layouts!!! So many fun details to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVe your pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your layouts!!! And I am curious about your adoption, so I'm off to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Layouts! I get in a rut all the time! It makes me wonder how I ever scrapbooked before I discovered sketches. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY WORD!!!! These are all so amazing! You have such a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so many great layouts packed into one post! I don't know where to start pinning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!