Thursday, March 01, 2012

Project Life, Week 8

I picked up where I left off.  I don't worry about each week fitting within one or two pages.  If they spill over or not enough for a page, that's fine...I date stamp them.  This is life and a huge project, and I love it like this...breaking rules ;)  So instead of using the backside of the pattern papers I had there already in the last two pockets (it didn't work with the photos), I picked out different papers, and moved on.
I am slowly getting faster and getting into a groove.  One thing that helps is using Photoshop Elements. For the small pockets, I open a document/canvas in the custom size of 2.88x3.88.
Sometimes I will use the phone apps to make collages, but this works just fine too.  I drag and drop the photos (all of these are iPhone photos), I resize them to fit next to each other and so that I can at least add a little journaling.
Since upgrading my Mac's operating system, my Epson R1800 printer won't let me customize any size to print anymore.  So I trick it to print this 2.88x3.88 size.  I open a 4x6 document/canvas, drag and drop the 2.88x3.88 document/canvas and position.  I put more than one to save paper and print.
Opening a 4x6 document/canvas...I also use this for the 4x6 pockets.
I drag and drop...but I know the pocket is 4x6 (because that is the pocket next to fill), so I play with the size and position as if I were placing photos on a 4x6 piece of paper.  Once I like it, I push them together, add any other photos that will fit (to save paper), and print.  I usually make sure there is enough room for journaling and maybe some embellishing.
When I look at this now, I realize it may not look simple, but it really is.  Now that I have my photos printed for their corresponding pockets, I cut them out and grab papers, stickers, embellishments.  I don't want to spend as much time as I used to when I first started this project.  This is for us to look back on.  So I pick papers, stickers, embellishments fast.  If it looks good, great, if not, grab something else.  Could be better options, but I again, too much energy spent on it, and I move on.
I have loved being able to capture the little moments with the iPhone or like at the zoo, I don't want to bring the big camera, but enjoy the visit and being with my daughter.  But I do get very tired of the poor quality, so there is nothing like taking the photos with the DSLR.  Those pictures, get printed a little bigger and take center stage.  Photography is my passion and it's one of the ways for me to also be creative.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are a rule breaker!!! Your project life is so unique and creative and GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for the idea about the tiny canvas in photoshop elements. I've been using bigger canvases, but I never thought to do that and it's genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, just WOW! Love how you are making this your own and breaking the rules. I am particularly fond of the photos spread over more than one pocket. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, love the photos of her in the pink car!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!