Monday, March 12, 2012

Scrapping the Music, Challenge 194 "Leather and Lace"

The next Scrapping the Music challenge song is Leather and Lace by Stevie Nicks and Don Henley.  Beautiful song, but I had a hard time picking what I wanted to do.

So as I looked through the lyrics, I went through pictures, and it came together.  "You in the moonlight"  It was too cute seeing my daughter run out behind me saying wait, I want to take pictures too of the moon using her pretend Mickey phone ;)
I used mostly the Photo booth kit from Studio Calico.  I really like taking my background stamps and rolling parts of it onto my background, as I saw Dyan do it once, and I loved it.  So I did it here with the Studio Calico graph stamp and Prima chalk.  Added a few splatters of mist by unscrewing the top and flicking it.  

(note:  there's some added extras of layered pattern paper...I did this while at Scrapfest, and my eyes were a little tired from all that scrapping, but mostly from the fluorescent lights.  I hated the journaling I added at the top right, so covered it up with paper)

I cannot get enough of the new October Afternoon Sasparilla line.  I think it is one of my favorites. And I used it a lot on this layout and this one too.  While at Scrapfest this weekend, I saw some and had to get extra sheets of it.  

Will be sharing some pictures from Scrapfest and a giveaway, did a little extra shopping for my web scrap friends.  Hope everyone had a great weekend and week so far.

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! LOVE the color combos - Sasparilla is a fun line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this layout Patricia! The layers and details are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable, Patricia! I love how you came up with your layout for this week's song! Emma is just so darn cute - a wonderful memory to scrap! Your page is beautifully designed and oh, so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great layout!love the mix of lines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma's such a doll! I'd want to take a million pixs of her too!!!

    beautiful page P!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute story - kids are so funny :) Love the layout- so much texture. I cannot wait to get my hands on Sasparilla- maybe it'll get here late next week :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your LO...it is reall inspiring

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!