Sunday, April 01, 2012

Miss Art's Class and Scrapping the Music

Starting today April 1st - Backrounds to Die For - Miss Art's Papercrafting
Remember when you were a child, and there was one item that all your friends had, but you could only dream of owning? There was a feeling of urgency, the assurance that if you did not obtain said item you would just die.As papercrafters, we often get caught up in that same feeling. A new paper, a pack of flowers, or a funky alphabet can inspire longing in our souls and a pinch in our bank accounts. In “Backgrounds to Die For,” Patricia Roebuck introduces you to a new must-have item: Die cut backgrounds. Using one of the most versatile tools in your stash, Patricia takes you through a variety of ways to fashion your most amazing background designs to date. Your die cutter will become your magic wand, creating backgrounds out of cardstock that will be the envy of all your crafty friends. You won’t even have to beg your mom to buy them for you. Miss Art’s makes you the envy of your die cutting social circle on April 1, 2012.





And we have a new format for challenges over on Scrapping the Music.  Here's what I did for one of the challenges to the song "Time" by Matt Urmy.
PAPER
Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper (background, yellow diagonal for matting photos, cream journaling); American Crafts (grey stripes); Pebbles (kraft); vellum
EMBELLISHMENTS
Bling:  My Mind’s Eye
Sticker:  Authentique (words) 
Brads:  My Minds Eye
Button:  October Afternoon
Twine:  House of Three
Misc:  Viva Inka-Gold
Mist:  Studio Calico
Journaling cards:  October afternoon (yellow and grey), Stockyard Number Cards
Die Cut machine:  Cameo

A lot of times I like to have the song in mind...while looking through photos.  I was packing for Scrapfest, so I had to have something ready.  I knew when I saw these photos, it was perfect for this song.  These were taken with the Photo Booth on the Mac and almost exactly two years apart...just shy of one month...perfect for a song about "time."  Emma is growing too fast!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty layout...I love layouts that show the passing of time...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed commenting about your beautiful layout! I may have to "lift" this wonderful and creative idea, Particia! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!