Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Project Life, Weeks 13 and 14; Easter Pictures

St. Jude's Trike-a-thon, getting the kiddie pool out, and Emma's growing collection of rubber duckies (with a few other little friends)

Using some of the new Lily Bee, Amy Tan, and Crate Paper goodies here...
 Emma's school Easter Egg Hunt and activities.  And the pictures that Emma took of her teacher and me and some of the other Mom's.  She had to do what I was doing ;)

Using some Dear Lizzy papers and stickers and Studio Calico Exclusive papers, letters, and pads.
 And had to make the photos of Dennis and Emma playing checkers bigger since I love photography and wanted those to be center stage a little more.  

Using Crate Paper stickers, Dear Lizzy and Amy Tan papers, and Studio Calico exclusive papers.  I used two different days of the week stamps.  Lily Bee's new Double Dutch (much smaller and I really like) and Jenni Bowlin (much larger and abbreviated).
The Easter Egg hunt and that scary looking bunny from Winn Dixie.  As I was making the Easter cards, Emma wanted some of what I had...so then she made a card for me ;)

Lily Bee Stamps (Double Dutch), Studio Calico Stamps, Dear Lizzy Stamps, Amy Tan papers, Pink Paislee canvas trim, and Memoir letter stickers from Studio Calico
 Start of the new week and Emma is off from school...tried to keep busy while trying to take care of day to day and other work.  She and I went excited to go the mall to see the Easter Bunny, ride the train, and then to the Children's Museum.

More Amy Tan papers, Studio Calico exclusive papers, Crate Paper, old Sassafras card, Lily Bee days of the week stamp from Double Dutch, Prima letters, 7 Gypsies (april tag), Studio Calico journaling pad and Memoir letter stickers.
 Added the card to the album using an 8x8 protector.  I just sewed the right side up and cut the extra off.
 Put a pretty Dear Lizzy sticker in the center on the back of it.
 More activities from last week...Dennis and Emma went to the aquarium and insectarium.  Then Easter day.  Emma was a little overwhelmed again...kept saying "oh my" a lot as she went through her goodies.  She was so excited, then all of a sudden had to potty, and wanted me to get a picture of her on the big potty (she got on all by herself).

Kesi Art paper from Studio Calico, October Afternoon stickers and journaling cards, Amy tan papers, Dear Lizzy papers and stickers...a little Authentique and Crate Paper papers as well.
 Dennis took these pictures with point and shoot...a little dark, but so cute.  I don't do the aquarium (so that is a Dennis and Emma thing only).  I'll do the bugs over the aquarium ;)
 And last page using more Amy Tan, Lily Bee paper, Dear Lizzy paper and stickers, My Mind's Eye paper, a tag cut up, and packaging from Basic Grey (the pretty flowers in right corner.

 We went to Miss. to see Merrin, Joey, Wendy, and lots more family and friends to celebrate Easter day.  Great food, good visits, and an Easter Egg hunt.
 Besides the Easter basket, we got Emma a soccer ball, cones, and goal.  She really has loved playing at school, so it was a perfect time to give her her own.  My sister, Holly, and niece, Tristan, were able to stop by for only about 30 minutes...Emma had fun with them. 
 And her loaded basket.  She really loved the little Hello Kitty stamps I put in the eggs instead of so much candy.  Will have to remember that for next year.  
 Trying on one of her new headbands the Easter Bunny got...she loved how the EB new exactly what she liked...that EB is really good, huh?
 Great snapshot to see what she saw when she first got up.  Nice clothes huh?  She no longer sleeps with PJs.  Clothes now.  And she is much harder in trying to help her pick out those clothes...kid wears me out.
 And I enjoyed myself more than take a ton of pictures...but this one of Merrin and Emma was my favorite.  They get cuter and cuter together.
 Thank you, Joey, for helping Emma get some Eggs.  We had 101 eggs.  I brought about 40 something I think, I don't know.  But filled some with stickers and dinosaurs (Emma picked, she is loving dinosaurs right now).  Another big hit...will have to remember this for next year...all the kids loved this.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

And yep, no church pictures.  Emma still won't go in the nursery...so it's more work on us to "try" to go at all.  And I will tell you, I am not comfortable with leaving Emma with anyone I do not know anyway.  I know that sounds kind of harsh since these are "church" people.  But Emma is not cut out for a day care or nursery...she needs interaction and she also needs other kids to leave her alone...yes, you heard right.  It took her a long time to feel "ok" and "comfortable" at her school and with her friends.  She likes other kids to respect her space.  At her school, the teachers make sure everyone has their "own" work and no one is touching or taking away anything from anyone else.  That environment works for Emma.  Yes, she is quite a handful.  So we teach her about God's love.  And the school helps with that as well.  So we are just thankful that she already knows about Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection. 

Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. love you PL pages!! cute photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Project Life pages and Easter photos!
    And I think it is definitely ok to keep her in environments where she feels more comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you think "outside the box" with your project life layouts! they are always so cute and inventive! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages look great and SUCH cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your work is always amazing and your PL is no exception - there are so many little treasures and bits tucked in those pages - awesome!

    I also loved reading what you wrote about your daughter at the end. It is a beautiful thing when a mom knows what their child needs and is willing to give it to them...along with God's love! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Project Life layouts and I admire you for advocating what is best for your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many great details that you can go back to look at with fond memories!

    and hey, I like bugs too!!! LOL!!!

    I'm so happy you're inspiring fitness in Em! yay for exercise!!!

    : .)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia! You are doing an amazing job with your project life pages!!! And I just love your Easter pics! Yes, you are right about teaching Emma about God's love and Easter . . . Church and Sunday school will come in time! Happy belated Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love what you are doing with your project life(reminder to self to catch up!!) and your photos are gorgeous. Congrats on making the short list at The Nook, good luck - I hope you do well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey girl i just wanted to stop by & say congratulations for making the short list over at scrapbook nook, finger's crossed now for the rest of the journey!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Your project life is AMAZING! Love your work! I am sooo glad you've joined us over at the Nook! Congrats on making the 1st short list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,

    I recognize you from the SC site :) I'm not really active there anymore, but still lurk from time to time. Just wanted to drop by and wish you all the best in the Nook dt call. It's great having you over there, yo have a lot of creativity to share with us. Your PL is fabulous, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Project Life pages are so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous project Life pages! Gives me great inspiration for my upcoming PL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superb work !!! these are nice pictures . I like it . You have share really amazing picture ..

    High Resolution Stock Images

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!