Sunday, April 15, 2012

Scrapping the Music "Rolling in the Deep"

I remember the first time I heard Adele sing on a talk show.  I had to download the entire "19" album.  Love her songs from the "21" album and love that Scrapping the Music is doing her "Rolling in the Deep" song for this next challenge.

When I had this song in my mind and looking through photos...this one got my attention.  Emma and I being goofy on the photobooth on my Mac.  Her face is silly and mine is kind of scary.  So I picked the lyrics "Don't Underestimate the Things I Will Do" and used them to journal about being Emma's Mom...a little serious, but silly to go with the crazy photo.

Come join us.  We also have another challenge up with the new format..."What was the first album or song you purchased?  Was it on vinyl, tape, CD, or downloaded?

So you can pick either the song or the prompt to create...or both.  Come join in.  You have until midnight central time on Friday, April 27th to enter.

Sharon is offering up a wonderful prize by K & Company, so every time you enter, you get a chance to win this prize.  Have fun!

PAPER
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper (red and blue diagonal stripes); Studio Calico (green alphabet cut in scallop circle); American Crafts (grey); Echo Park (yellow houndstooth)
EMBELLISHMENTS
Tag:  Amy Tangerine for Studio Calico
Stamps:  Studio Calico, SEI, Dear Lizzy date stamp
Die Cuts:  American Crafts
Flower:  Sassafras Lass
Mist:  Studio Calico
Letters:  October Afternoon
Misc:  journaling lined paper
Die Cut machine:  Cameo

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia! I love Adele, too! your layout is so creative and fun! I really like how you scrapped about being Emma's mom here! Awesome page and take on Adele's song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner, Patricia! Congrats to you as well on making the Nook's short-list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. real lovely layout with a wonderful story...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the part of the song that you pulled!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have just left you an award on my blog, go see :)
    and your page rocks!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is fabulous, Patricia! Congrats to you on making the short list at the Nook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEP! Love me some Adele! Love what you did with this LO, awesome as usual!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia!!!!!! I was paging through my new ScrapbooksEtc. magazine and when I got to "my ghostie" page, I thought, hmmmm, that little girl looks familiar! when I looked down to see who made the page, it was YOU!!!! Big, Big congrats, my friend, on being published in ScrapbooksEtc magazine! I am so proud to know you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. is that a new background?! pretty cool!

    I like the "french/airmailness" of this piece! and I like the quad photo! so andy warhol!

    great work once again! : .)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!