Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More Gauche Alchemy Projects

The theme is still up at Paper Issues...so link up your projects that are non-scrapbooking, getting messy, out of your comfort zone...

Here's an oldie, but my most favorite and still out in our living room.  You can see the original post here when I first did it and first time ever getting Gauche Alchemy goodies (which Emma loved too).
 It is was a brown paper mache ampersand I had gotten at our local scrapbook store years ago, no longer here.  For this ampersand I used a good mix of the kits (blue, yellow, red, pink, green).  Most of the papers are from the Gauche Alchemy kit with a little scrapbooking paper mixed in.  I had watered down acrylic red paint to paint the sides...love this piece...my most favorite.
 And I have one more piece that is still hanging in our foyer that never got photographed and showed off...a metal star from Michael's that I altered.  The majority of the papers are scrapbook papers.  I used mod podge to adhere everything.  The pony beads at the top are from the Gauche Alchemy red kit...this is when my love of using wire started...for the gold outline, I had used a Gold leafing pen by Krylon.  
So remember to link up your projects over on Paper Issues and right now while the theme is going on you can get 30% off at the Gauche Alchemy store...using code PAPERISSUES2012

And for more discounts at the Paper Issues' store...

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. coolness! now I want to make an ampersand mixed media piece!!!

    : .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fun, Patricia! You totally rocked the Gauche! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cool!!.. :) Gx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I love the ampersand! I would really like to try a more dimentional project like this one.You rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous altered items!! Totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to make one...or ten...I love this! You are up on PI. <3 http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2012/05/ampersand-and-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo, I love this!!! So neat and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ampersand is insanely cool looking! Love all the patterns...so fun to look at, definitely a conversation piece! Loving the star too, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love, love these, wow my friend, cool projects♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! You made this ordinary ampersand super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this project! What else can I say? It's just simply AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!