Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Project Life Weeks 18 and 19

Some of the week's highlights - Emma is very comfortable at school, package from my friend, Linda, worked on my first challenge for My Scrapbook Nook for National Scrapbook Day, Emma and I trying one of many new yogurt places around here...
 I used lots of Echo Park paper, Pebbles flowers, washi tape, Studio Calico stamps, My Mind's Eye button and banner, an old Sassafras Lass flower, and even a little of my glitter border I made for my challenge layout over at the Nook.

Had to go for another breast ultrasound, finally the doctor could feel and see the spot I had been feeling and said it isn't anything suspicious, so thankful.  It is stinking hot, I always want to move this time of year.  Started working on birthday decorations because I know it will be a busy summer.  My camera card died, and we visited the very last day of one of the many yogurt places that is now closed.
 Used lots of Sketchbook by American Crafts, Studio Calico Stamps and paper.

Closeup of Emma at Orange Leaf for last time...
 Closeup of her artwork that we took a double take...and me taking a photo of how stinking hot it is while driving in my car.
 Emma is concerned that no one will come to her birthday party since it is during the summer...so after talking to the teacher, I decided to hand out invites with a "save the date."  She was so excited to hand these out to her friends.  I used a digital kit from Two Peas for the Banner, tag, and pin.
 Just put a little stinker with journaling on the back...cut down an 8x8 protector and sewed it up and then slipped the invite into it.
 I was ready to try something different now.  Instead of the protectors with the pockets, I used this Heidi Swapp folder...the resist ones that you use mists or inks on...
 Punched some holes in it using a protector as a guide, and put the photos for the rest of the weekend inside...the Mother's Day celebration at school, Dragon Boat Festival on Saturday, and Mother's Day with Wendy, Joey, Merrin, and their family.
 Used more Heidi Swapp papers as well as Studio Calico and My Little Shoebox, washi tape, Pink Paislee rubon, the Heidi Swapp word sticker, American Crafts chipboard.
 Emma looking adorable in her Hello Kitty sleeping bag.  Then at the Dragon Boat Festival, I ran into a High School friend...it was so good to run into Ronnie, it had been a very long time!  
 Used the little file folders that fold out from Heidi Swapp for the rest of the photos.
 Used some of the new washi tape I got for Mother's Day that I ordered from Freckled Fawn ;)
 It was a nice change from doing the pockets.  I kept it very simple trying to make it as quick as possible and not spending a lot of time or energy on it.
 Pulled out some Dear Lizzy American Craft stickers.
 I love the Heidi Swapp word stickers, I used them all up...I may need more!
 And a close up of all of the ladies together.  We were excited that Wendy invited us.  Thank you Wendy and to her sister, Lisa, for letting us come over...we had such a good time...Emma says she is ready to come back!


Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. "Patricia Emma's Mom"

    if that's not the best thing EVER, I don't know what is!!!

    : .)

    I hope you didn't have many pixs on your card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages..good for you sticking with project life. I like what you did with the Heidi Swapp stuff...I am having trouble with her new stamp, don't stamp very clear at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you used the Heidi Swapp folder. Everything here is totally fab. You are doing such a wonderful job with PL. I'd love to do it in theory but I know I could ever keep up. Dec daily nearly did me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great pages!!!
    Glad everything was ok with your ultrasound :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia - you are so inspiring! I love all these pages, and thank you for introducing me to new stuff I must have haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo, you are so making me wish I had done this project! It's really wonderfully done, Patricia...a great keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your PL is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous!!! love love love!!!
    I received my album today!! i'm pressed to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how all the pictures fold out! and i PINNED this on Pinterest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so much eye candy awesomeness!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Heidi Swapp folders! I cut mine up and tucked them into different pages. Love, love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks great Patricia! I love how you used the HS folder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pages are great! I loved reading your adoption story, something we are definitely considering, but just not international :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. EEK! What a FUN IDEA to use those Heidi Swapp Folders right in your project life book! You've inspired me to think outside the box even more! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you used the folder, fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!