Monday, June 04, 2012

Art without the Mess

Today on the Lily Bee Blog is about Focusing on Journaling Cards.

I made a Mess-Free piece of art to hang in the house using this old Fancy Pants frame.
 I first started by picking out the Lily Bee index journaling cards and placing them right on top.  Once I liked how they looked, I just used my Scotch ATG to adhere.  I did that because if I want to change it a few years from now, it will be easier to get off. 
 But using a strong glue like Beacon Zip-Dry works too and won't go anywhere!  Next I started making the banner with twine that I just tied to the back of the hooks on the frame.  I stamped with the banner stamp from the Double Dutch line, cut them out, and used the Beacon Zip-Dry to attach (I tried stapling, but I kept missing the twine and the banner ;)  Then I added some of the Bag of Bits, ribbon, flowers, brads, clothespin...cut the round tags from Silhouette...had a lot of fun really!
Stamped the butterfly stamp from Double Dutch onto pattern paper, cut them out, then adhered with foam adhesive...added a few more bag of bits using foam adhesive, flower, ribbon, pin, the little wood veneer people and state of Louisiana, acrylic house, flare from http://piecedpapers.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

I just love how this came out and so excited to have another handmade piece hanging in our home.
Paper
Lily Bee
EMBELLISHMENTS
Index Journaling Cards:  Handmade, Double Dutch, Buttercup, Victoria Park; Die Cuts:  Buttercup, Double Dutch, Victoria Park, Handmade
Ribbon:  Hug Snug ;Brads:  My Mind’s Eye (butterfly and green pearl), Basic Grey (orange); Clothespin:  Crate Paper
Flare:  http://piecedpapers.blogspot.com/p/shop.htmlWood Veneer:  Studio Calico; Flowers:  Maya Road (velvet), American Crafts (crochet)
Acrylic House:  Maya Road; Frame:  Fancy Pants; Letter:  Jillibean Soup; Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Beacon Zip-Dry


Head over to the Lily Bee blog to see what Julia and Melissa have done with the index Journaling cards...I'm so addicted to these things...just love them.

Have a great week!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Yowza!!!

    I want one!!!

    All the little bits make it awesome!

    (I kept reading BACON, instead of BEACON! heh. maybe someone needs to eat breakfast! : .P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun project~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Patricia.
    Just love how you could 'weave' together all those different elements and make it look like THIS! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just too adorable! I love how light and fun it is, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO awesome and adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute!
    Love mess free :)
    And I love those little "potty people".

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this soooooo much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is that frame?! Really great project Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!