Friday, June 15, 2012

It's a Good Life and Sugar Bear

Seems like I haven't posted much scrapping lately ;)  But always plenty of scrapping going on...although not easy with Emma not in school at least part of the day, but she will be starting summer school, still half days, next week...only for two weeks...but she needs it...we are completely whipped entertaining her all day.  

It's my turn to host Scrapping the Music.  So it was my pick of the song and the prompt.  Hope everyone likes it.  I love the song "It's a Good Life" by One Republic...it's on my walking playlist.  And I fell in love with the video for it. 
 I knew I wanted to do a mini album using the title of the song.
I wanted to use the Amy Tangerine Daybook, but I needed to make some changes.  So I took the book apart, and sewed it inside a Heidi Swapp resist folder (the cover of the Daybook, I put on the outside of the folder when I stitched it all together).  This was one of those projects that flows and goes fast...just pulled out everything I wanted to put into the album, using photos from our recent beach trip.

You can see better pics of the inside at 2 Peas.
Not too bad of a mess from making this...but now that my lovely husband put in shelves my little scrap room that I share with my 3 1/2 year old, feels a lot less de-cluttered and crowded!  Will have to share pics...although still a work in progress.
 From the binder on is my daughter's space...but now having the shelves...I feel like I have a lot more breathing room and her space is much better too ;)
Scrapping the Music is still doing the new format...a song and a prompt...you can pick one or the other...or both.  The prompt is:
Most memorable Summertime song.  Whenever you hear it, what are the memories that come back to you?
Sugar Bear by Elton John just brings me back right away...love Elton and love this song.  I think about that summer of 75, spending the night with friends, going to the YMCA with my older siblings...really good memories.  I can only share the cover of the single.  The layout was picked up by Scrapbook Trends and will appear in the Vintage section of the November 2012 Issue.
Project Life is still going...will get another week or so in, and then post.

Hope everyone has had a great week...I'm seriously ready for the weekend!  Hope you get some scrapping in...would love to see what you create for Scrapping the Music!

Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. seriously, your work is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a STUNNING mini!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooove every last detail my friend, you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mini and great idea for a title :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooooooh, I LOVE that song and your mini is BREATHTAKING. I mean seriously, how do you do it? I'm blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post!
    I love the song you picked.
    Perfect for that wonderful mini!
    And your prompt is so much fun :)
    I need to think about that one.
    Mine might be Dancing Queen by ABBA :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful!! love as usual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love so much your creations! This mini is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing mini!! (would love to see it better!). You're so good at adding all those little details!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you kidding me???? You continue to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow you are an artist - love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just Amazing!!! Love the mini. You are so talanted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. everyone has said it all ready! this.is.amazing! love coming to see your work Patricia! so inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE what you picked for this week's song and prompt, Patricia! Your little mini-album project is absolutley amazing! I love every single detail!! And wow - the page about Elton John's song is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love everything about your mini...it is really fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, this is drop dead gorgeous. I love every little bit of this patricia!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!