Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hush Little Baby

Scrapping the Music has some new challenges up and Sharon is hosting!  You can pick either the song or the prompt.  The song is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawio'ole.

For this challenge, I went with the prompt:  "Scrap about a song you remember your Mom singing to you as a child, or one that you sing/sang to your own child(ren).
I don't remember any songs my Mom may have sung to me...but I know Emma and I will remember Hush Little Baby.  Here's the journaling on my layout talking about it.  She was and still is a very expressive little thing...and you would think I birthed her...because she is just like me ;)  God is good!
I love how songs and prompts help you focus and get something so special scrapped.  Hope you can join us.

I used the Elmwood Studio Calico kit, except for the stamps and that Sassafras flower...that I love to hoard ;)

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. That layout is just STUNNING and I love your journalling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this made me cry. Beautiful. And what a story. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia1 I absolutely LOVE your page! The photo of you and Emma is so heartwarming! I love the looks on both of your faces! Your song is a favorite of mine, too. I can almost hear Emma singing it to you!!! Thank you so much for submitting this amazing page!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! Such a sweet photo and story and just beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful page and heartwarming story. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. Love the journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The layout is so precious and your journaling is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so sweet! I love that journaling and can only imagine what you must have been feeling those early nights when she was an infant. It is so sweet that you scrapped this! A real treasure for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a precious photo and memory! its so very awesome that you are preserving these moments b/c Em can go back and be reminded of these special times (and her history)...

    I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You melted me with this one, Patricia. Beautiful journaling and such a sweet pic and page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one - your journaling is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your work... love the layers and what you do with punches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!