Monday, July 09, 2012

July Nook Kit

It really is hard for me to say a favorite color, but I do love warm colors...I didn't think I would have time to dig into this gorgeous kit from My Scrapbook Nook before leaving for the mountains...but I couldn't stop myself...

Lots of layering, stitching, a little stamping...and cut out the die cut to put in the journaling spot...had a lot of fun...I remember this day so well...She has grown so much ;)
And if you need a boost to get you scrapping these summer memories...head over here at the Nook.  My challenge is based on a photo.  I can think of so many things to scrap based on just this one photo.  But this is what I did.  I used the negative circle space to do stamping, then used an old Heidi Swapp foam circle stamp, cut the swirls and pinking circles with the Silhouette...and pulled out the greens and yellows from the June Nook kit full of Simple Stories Summer Fresh.
One last thing to share...a 4th of July Project for Lily Bee.  I cannot tell you how good it was to have the US Flag hanging again.  We had taken it down when Katrina hit, and had it in the attic...took it out and it looked brand new!  I used the Silhouette to make the shadowbox.  Check out this Lily Bee Blog post for more closeup shots as well as more 4th of July Inspiration from the Design Team.


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I was oogling this kit!!1

    WoW P!!! I love how you repeated the circles on the first LO and how you put your journaling around the main circle...I'm gonna lift that for sure!

    Yay for PinkBerry!!! "Auntie, Pomegranate is the BEST!" (I was told by my little sis Alicia!)

    The shadowbox is amazing! How'd you manage to get the text to look like its floating???" The garland is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You never cease to amaze and inspire me! These are absolutely awesome!!! Now I want that kit too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you never cease to inspire and amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in that kit are so pretty!!!
    And your projects are fabulous.
    That top one is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!