Monday, August 06, 2012

Die Cut Layout (1 of 3)

I was so thankful and shocked when Alyssa with Miss Art's Papercrafting asked me to teach a class.  I had never done a video for scrapbooking.  So this was a adventure into something new for me.  It was a challenge, but such a good experience.  Can't thank Alyssa enough for inviting me to join.  And I am sad she closed Miss Art's Papercrafting.  I know it must have been a lot involved to run the business, doing classes, and raising her family.  Thanks again, Alyssa, for the opportunity.

Since Miss Art's Papercrafting is closed now, I can share my class with you, which was about making backgrounds for your layouts using a die cutting machine.  I used the Silhouette, so some of the shapes, sizes may not be available for other machines, but hope there is still inspiration to be found.

This video is short.  But the next two will be a little longer and more involved, so will share those later in the week.

(You can make the screen bigger by clicking on the four-headed arrow to the right on the bottom.)
(For some reason the video isn't showing on an iPad.  Here's the direct link to it on Vimeo)
SUPPLIES USED:  
Cardstock:  Tim Holtz
Pattern Paper:  Crate Paper, October Afternoon, Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, American Crafts, Studio Calico, Jillibean Soup
Crate Paper Trim:  Studio Calico
Stickers and Sticker Border:  Crate Paper, October Afternoon, My Mind’s Eye
Buttons:  Pebbles
Brads:  Basic Grey
Foam Adhesive:  American Crafts
Flare:  October Afternoon
Wood Veneer Asterisk:  Studio Calico
Twine:  We R Memory Keepers
Ink:   Distress Ink, Prima Chalk
Letters:  Basic Grey
Font for Tea Party: Sofia (downloaded from http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/search
Adhesives:  Scotch Quick-Dry and ATG, Beacon Fabri-Tac
Silhouette Studio Designs:
Circle Pattern circle_pattern_C00145_24282 
Nesting Pinking Circles nesting_pinking_edge_circles_C20091012140025_19210

Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Always sad to hear of a business closing :(
    It seems to happen a lot in scrapbooking.

    But so fun to see your process on that video! Great layout, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. magnificent page! I really want to view all of your videos. I too am sad to hear that she's closed the doors...such a wonderful tool for all types of crafters

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab layout! I love the use of the fillers in the negative spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was said to see Miss Art's go but pretty glad to see your layout and video! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, fun to see the video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! love that diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the video and I looove your layout! Really like the use of the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the Sil design and thanks so much for sharing the link to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is adorable Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so fun!!!! loved watching the video!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just absolutely fantastic! I just love this page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sweet layout and great technique. So sad to see Miss Art's closing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Your lo is so cute. There is a beautiful lightness to it!! Lovely work!!
    Tfs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!