Wednesday, August 15, 2012

In a Creative Bubble

Lately, I've been trying to create as much as I can...just for fun though.  Taking the Trendspotting class at Studio Calico and have had a lot more fun trying out the trends than what I thought I would.  So will be sharing those soon.

For now, I'd like to share a page from my art journal.  This was created for the 5-year anniversary of Scrapping the Music.   Each team member picked a song, created a layout or art journal page...we didn't put our name to the creation or the song...so it was a guessing game.  The winner of the guessing game is announced now.  But there is still time to make some creations for as many of the songs we have listed for another chance to win.  Check it out here.

Back to the art journal...the song I picked was "Now You're Just Somebody That I used to Know" by Gotye.  I like being able to combine scrapping supplies with my art journal, which I don't play in enough.  This was layers of misting, gesso, splatters, stamping, and pencils lines...then I used the Silhouette OR any pieces of leftover cuttings and glued those down with gel medium.  Did some messy outlining to make everything stand out more.  Also played around for the first time with India Ink (thanks Linda).  What was going through my mind as I made this?  Just to have fun, create layers and balance.  I also had in mind friends that I have known and with life changes, you just aren't as close anymore.
Now that we can reveal our song and creations, we also had the chance to create to one or as many of the other songs picked by our team.  I went with Linda's song pick by Bush called "The Sound of Winter."

I am glad I saved this to share...I kept looking at this page, and I did not like how it came out...
So salvaging the pattern paper and even the stitching...I cut into it!  Pieced it back together on plain white cardstock with pattern paper behind it as a border.  Did a few more stitches...added the embellishments, and then I felt much better about this layout.  Sometimes I forget how much I love to do 8 1/2 x 11 size layouts.  And those little circles off to the right...those were not planned...they were lefovers from the first layout (the reverse of the green)...and I liked the added color and design.
Used the new Echo Park Eclectic for this layout.  

Please go over to Scrapping the Music and see ALL of the inspiration from the team.  Awesome inspiration and talent!  Hope you have a great week...will be back with lots more to share!

Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. oooh!!! I know exactly what you mean abt the "somebody that I used to know" : .P

    totally cool to see how you took the 12X12 down to the 8.5X11!!! I like the comparison!

    did you draw that camera on your journal page???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how u redid the page - love seeing your process and what u did different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great, i love the look of mixed media but my stuff never comes out right. any recs for people that do videos of this on youtube? i am a youtube-aholic, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cut down LO. You would never know how it started. Lovely LO.
    Great journal page. I like the video for that song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE how your art journal page came out! The way you did the words, and the collaging - LOVE it all! And its so interesting to see your process for your second layout. It turned out beautifully! I especially love the added cut circles on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! Inspiration galore - love it all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That art journal is impressive!! Love both of the layouts, fun to see the process from one to another :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Patricia!! I Can't beleve what you did with these 'leftovers''....I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for inspiration!!! Looks so great! and your layout are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! I´m glad too, that you saved that layout.Your "makeover" is stunning!!! Love that journal page too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your art journal page, Patricia! It turned out beautifully using Linda's song as inspiration. And your layout is awesome! I love how you redid it!!! Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, do you ever tire of being so amazing? LOL! I am in LOVE with that art journal page and I also think both versions of your layout are great! It's neat to see the before and after :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so much fun! I really like how you reworked it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the before and after...i need to do that with some of my pages as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing art journal page!!! well, all your work is amazing- but still!

    -kory

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Just popped over to say how much I LOVE your feature on the MME blog today!!!

    Glad you're scrapping for fun lately--that's the best way to chillax, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!