Wednesday, September 12, 2012

American Crafts Layout

I am still in disbelief in being on the American Crafts' design team.  So very honored. 

 American Crafts has an enormous amount of product.  Even I get overwhelmed by so many options.  So I wanted to share how this layout started.  It didn't start as a layout.  I pulled out an assortment of American Crafts papers and supplies from Sketchbook, Dear Lizzy, and Shoreline.  I picked a few sheets of pattern paper and vellum and started stamping this frame from the Sketchbook line over and over again.  After cutting them out, I wondered how they would look grouped together.  So I pulled out a neutral and simple pattern paper.  Did I mention, I brought everything into the living room, and sat side by side with my daughter.  Something about not being where I normally create and just "playing" can really help when you don't have any idea what you want to make ;)
...that's where it began.  I basically started moving these stamped frames around to see what I liked.  I ended up liking them kind of overlapping each other rather than how I first started by having them go in different directions.  Once I had the overlapping frames of vellum and pattern paper down, I started layering on top and around.
Kodak Moment
I only did a little bit of cutting with the Silhouette...mostly used scissors and trimmer to start layering and seeing what I liked.  I even used two leftover frames that didn't get used as mats for the two photos here.
Kodak Moment
One of the last things I added were the stitching, drops of mist, date stamping, and journaling...
Kodak Moment
This was a very fun layout to create and the best part about it, I felt like I got to play and experiment with being creative, not knowing if this would turn out to be a layout or who knows what. 
Kodak Moment
You can see a list of supplies on 2 Peas, here.

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Patricia - this is so wonderful!
    I love the stamped frames.
    So happy for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's wonderful! I love the way you used the elements, which are very "Amy Tangerine" and made them completely your own.

    I have to admit, American Crafts seems like an amazing company. They are probably my favorite at the moment. Everything they put out, I want!

    I'm so excited to see your design sense and gorgeous projects mixed with their product, even though I know it's going to enable me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so totally gorgeous and I am soooo happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for being on the design team!! happy Wednesday to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder you're on their team ... Your work is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. first off I wanted to say I TOTALLY agree with your statement--making the team and having SO much to work with--truly humbling! I really love the feel of your page with all of these layers--and I just used that border stamp today for a card! Looks FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've always been a ROCK STAR in my book- i'm thrilled you're sharing your inspo & mad skills with AC! WOOT! :) go girl go- YAY! i totally LOVE this LO too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an amazing experience for you - AC has beautiful collections! i love this LO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big congrats, Patricia! No surprise to me that you made this design team! I am absolutely LOVING this page and everything about it! Your creativity is an inspiration to us all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how wonderful, really wonderful, all my best wishes for you. I realyy love the company! And you´re now on their team!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!