Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Do You...Know

If you were to look through my gallery, I don't know that there is a lot of consistency to my layouts.  But one thing I have paid more attention to as far as my style...is texture.  Whether it's paper, stamping, paint...I usually have to create some type of texture to my layouts...and most importantly...color and contrast. 

I love to try new things.  I wish I could scrap all my work the same, but I can't do it.  Scrapping is more about me and a creative outlet.  This is another layout I did for American Crafts.  This style and design is my absolute favorite.  Most of my older work has this look and it is fast and easy for me to put together, especially with one photo.  It is totally not white space or using minimal product...for me it's about color, contrast, layer, and texture...but still having all the focus on the photo.
Do You...Know
Jen Jockish's Studio Calico Pop Off the Page class at Studio Calico has rekindled my love of lots and lots of layers.  This was probably about an hour to put together because as I was cleaning up...that brown floral paper from Dear Lizzy had never been cut into...Why?  I don't know...it is my favorite and maybe I was secretly hoarding it.  So it started with that brown piece of paper...then I grabbed another piece of Dear Lizzy and liked the look of it...more and more I grabbed...
Do You...Know
I started laying pieces down so they could peek out just a little while placing the photo to see how it looked...snapping a photo with my iPhone, then taking it all off, misting the background with white mist, and gluing everything back down...
Do You...Know
This was pure fun to put together...no rules...not worrying if someone else likes it or not...
Do You...Know
...but the photo still takes center stage...right where my chickadee should be ;)
Do You...Know
Patterned Paper:  American Crafts 

EMBELLISHMENTS
Brad:  American Crafts
Letters:  American Crafts
Button Flower:  American Crafts
Adhesive:  American Crafts
Die Cut Machine:  Cameo
Mist:  Studio Calico
Stapler:  Tiny Attacher
Wood veneer:  Studio Calico
Die Cuts:  American Crafts
Corner Rounder:  Martha Stewart
Stamp:  Date Stamp by American Crafts
Jewel Star:  Misc.
Tape:  Freckled Fawn

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I love your style! Or lack of any particular style? lol Your work is ALWAYS so fresh and fun. And inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great "style" :)
    Lovely layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style Patricia!! The colors and layers on this layout make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is really great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great layout, very inspiring.

    And your little girl is more beautiful day after day.

    In french : ta fille est de plus en plus en belle jour après jour. I don't know how to say that in english, but more she is grow up, more beautiful she is...

    Combo color is also incredible !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I've fogotten ... many thanks for your comment on my gallery at Studio Calico, you are so kind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should not worry about style in your carse Patricia. Consistent or not, your work is definitely consistently beautiful!
    I have thought about this issue myself.
    I think many times to get on a team for example it is important to be just that; consistent..
    I must work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, texture is so consistent, partly why I absolutely love your work! Your chickadee is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is so beautiful- it's very distinctive to me, in that you hve an amazing sense of depth and pattern- what will work, and how to utilize different materials so that each layer compliments the others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! you totally have a style - it's called amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh what an adorable page!! Love all the embellishments and the bright colors ... and that photo is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is an AMAZINGLY gorgeous page! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!