Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Feeling Like Fall

{If you here for the Carta Bella blog hop, please click HERE.}

I can't believe we are in Fall already...and even though our Fall is over as soon as it starts here, we are seeing leaves falling.  Now if a cool front would come rather than being in the 90s it would be perfect ;)

This week, the design team for Lily Bee will be sharing with you projects using Autumn Spice.  I have two that I have done to share with you...this is one for today...so be sure to stop over on the Lily Bee blog to see more of this gorgeous collection.

For this first layout, I cut out the 9-point stars first, then misted the negative cuttings on the cardstock...then put the positive cut outs of the stars in between the misted ones...did some stitching and layering.  I had the photo picked out already, but the design of the layout started with the 9-point stars.
Then I added different rows of pattern paper (that skinny strip is leftover from the border punch, just the reverse side of the pattern paper), used my border punch, and rounded the corners of small pieces of pattern paper, then stamped and layered on top.  The stamp set for Autumn Spice is so fun to use...one of my favorites.  I used the "Details" as a border...the first image is stamped directly after inking, then the lighter stamped image is not re-inking...love the effect.
I cut out the "Play" and the arrow with the Silhouette.  Lily Bee has the best letter sizes for long titles...
Such a fun layout to put together.  
And here is my second layout.   I cannot believe I did not scrap these photos.  And now looking back, which these were taken exactly a year ago, I see a little baby look still in her face...so sweet!
I cannot get enough of these colors from this collection.  They are so gorgeous and stunning.  That dark woodgrain is just incredible.  I took the circle stamp and repeated circles and embossed them...love that look of embossing on the dark paper, and will be doing again.  The large "flowers" are from an overlapping circles pattern I cut out, but instead of using it as a background, I just cut the "flower" part, pop dotted and added a button.  Have them leading up from the main photo to the top of the page.
I used a 1" circle punch and punched about three different circles in different patterns, put one on top of the other, and stitched down the middle to add as a little border under the main photo.  I thought they looked like little pumpkins ;)
A beautiful collection...this is just day two of inspiration using Autumn Spice on the Lily Bee blog.  The design team will be showing more...so head over to the Lily Bee blog




Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Love this collection and love what you did with it! Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job with this line!!
    I love the photo in that first layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It's definitely hinting at fall, without being "smack-you-over-the-head-it's-AUTUMN", which I love!! It makes me think about how versatile even the most seasonal lines can be if used in a creative way. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection and absolutely precious pages created with this new fall line from Lily Bee! Here in Oklahoma, it has been in the 90's for the last few days....come on cooler temps!!! I want to be able to throw open the window in my craft room, wrap my legs in my favorite blanket and draw or scrap...mmmmm...I share your love for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did! There were stripes, hexagons, circles....and great autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! this is an amazing collection! love the Silhouette cuts and I love stitching! awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, these are great layouts. Love the paper line. Wish I could be that creative. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are gorgeous! i'm off to find some of this fab paper!! lOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - just amazing. Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice layout! Cute pictures and embellishments. I like the papers you used. Thank you for sharing your lovely creations! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING details! LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your ideas, the dimension is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice paper, nice layouts and lovely name...

    ReplyDelete
  14. BOTH of these layouts are TOTALLY amazing! I LOVE how you used a quilt theme for both--FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These falling colors are great with the theme you've choosen. Great layouts again. I am a pure fan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!