Friday, September 14, 2012

First Carta Bella Layout to Share

Happy Friday!  I've been at Scrapfest this week, but scheduled this post to go up to share with you my first layout made and posted for Carta Bella using the Alphabet Junction Collection.  I love these complimentary colors...they are so fresh and fun.  Please check out the Carta Bella blog for more about how the layout came together and the supplies....but I have some closeups below...
One thing that I miss about scrapbooking is having a stack of photos printed and ready to look through to pick which ones work well with the colors of the pattern papers and design of the layout.  I've decided after doing this layout, that I'll start doing that again.  I had gotten into the habit of starting on my computer to pick out a few photos to print to start the layout, which is fine, but it's nice to have those photos printed and ready while you scrap.  These were a couple of photos I had printed already.  When I saw them, I knew they would be perfect for this.  Seems like just yesterday we were at this park.  So glad to have this documented.
Don't forget to head over to Carta Bella to see more details about the layout.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. FUN use of hexagon--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey Business...ha ha, love that title. Fun, fun layout. Man, you have had an amazing year in the scrap world Patricia. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great layout!
    Love all the hexagons and such pretty colors! Especially that blue :)

    I know what you mean about stacks of photos! I used to place monthly orders, but haven't done a big one in a while. Although I did just order a small stack :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one! And yes I totally agree about having pictures there and ready - it flows so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Love the hexagons and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun page!! Love the hexagons, the title, all the details ... everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooh Patricia! I am loving what you did with the hexagons! So cool! And of course, the photos of Emma are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beee-you-tee-ful!! I love love love the colors and the layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!