Saturday, September 01, 2012

Got Cat Style

I think is my current favorite layout.  I just love greens, blues, yellows...and, of course, my boy, Archie. This is for Scrapping the Music's newest challenge for the song Stray Cat Struts by the Stray Cats.  The prompt challenge is "Scrap a song that reflects an event in your life."  I cut the strips of paper with a design from the Silhouette...but you could easily do this by just cutting the strips with your scissors or trimmer and then adhere into a herringbone pattern.

Cardstock:  American Crafts
Patterned Paper:  Studio Calico/Sassafras Lass Exclusive (brown woodgrain for matting), Crate Paper (herringbone), American Crafts (beige chevron), Bella Blvd (background)

EMBELLISHMENTS
Frames:  Crate Paper
Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico (bird and arrow)
Flower:  My Mind’s Eye
Tape:  Freckled Fawn (lace and aqua diagonal), My Mind’s Eye (polka dot)
Stamps:  Studio Calico
Ink:  Prima
Buttons:  Crate Paper (green and white), My Mind’s Eye (pattern)
Thread:  Gutermann
Sewing Machine:  Babylock
Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette
Chipboard:  Jenni Bowlin
Mist:  Studio Calico
Brads:  Basic Grey
Letters:  Studio Calico (grey), American Crafts (cursive)
Photo Corner Rounder:  Zutter
Pen:  American Crafts
Twine:  Divine
Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Zip Dry

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!! hee hee, such a cute kitty. And the layout just rocks. You, my dear, are becoming one of my favorite designers! hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks splendid. Love the carefree feel to it!! Hope you are ok after all the turbulent weather!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh the fluffy fat bottomed boy!

    I love him AND the herringbone!!!

    archie IS a stylin' cat!

    : .)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! The colours are gorgeous and the layout is just perfect. And btw your cat is really adorable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Archie definitely has got cat CLASS and cat STYLE!!!!! I love your awesome page - so cool how you did the herringbone!!!! And I love the soft colors, too. Your pages are always fabulous, Patricia!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my word!!! Another amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How so very cute!
    And such pretty colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool cat you have, Patricia! I like how you were able to include 3 photos on this LO, yet still have room for plenty of cool embellishing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just ADORE this layout Patricia! First of all those photos of Archie are GORGEOUS! He is such a beautiful cat! The design of the layout and the colors are so beautiful too! You continue to inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. total toss up of which i love more- gorgeous homemade herringbone or Archie!! SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable page!!! Love the mix of papers and those photos are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! love how you stitch the arrow pattern paper like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!