Friday, September 28, 2012

Edited with Carta Bella Winner: Introduction on American Crafts Blog

the winner of the Carta Bella Blog hop for my blog is:

{Kristin Kingrey}

Kristin, please send me your address to patriciaroebuck@me.com along with your choice of one of the following available collections:  Christmas Day, Merry & Bright, Alphabet Junction, All Hallow's Eve, Paris Girl, or Beautiful Moments.
Note:  Winter Fun and Traditions are not available yet.  

_____________________________________

Sharing here on my blog, the introduction to the American Crafts design team post from yesterday.  And I still can't believe I just wrote that.  American Crafts design team...I would have never thought.

For my intro post, I did a card (which I am loving to do lately) and a layout.  The card was made with the Dear Lizzy stamp set (all the supplies are listed on the post).  I used a mix of Shoreline and Dear Lizzy.  I took the banner stamp and stamped over and over again on the pattern paper, cut them out, and placed them around to look like a flower/sun burst.  Pop dotted a cut out doily and one of the Dear Lizzy flowers and sticker on top.
 For the layout, I wanted to mix all the techniques that I love to do all on one layout:  masking and misting, splattering with mist, sewing, die cutting with silhouette, stamping and embossing (and most of my layouts have journaling unless the title says it all)...and last but not least...just about every project I do has pop dots somewhere.  I like to create depth and texture.  And I also love color and contrast.  This is a mix of Shoreline, Dear Lizzy, and Sketchbook.  And it is a layout about my daughter looking in on an older ballet class.  I was wanting to see if she would like it because Mom's don't go in the classroom.  She did not want to leave, and she loves her class...so the layout is about her growing up.  She has always been a very clingy little baby and girl.  Very proud of her...
Yay for Friday...hope everyone has a great weekend...last weekend of September...

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects for your intro :)
    I am so glad you are on their team.
    Lots of great inspiration because I love AC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL creations--SERIOUSLY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a banner bloom - just brilliant. who wouldn't love to receive a card like that. rockin' the cards, patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flower / sunburst card! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work and Congrats Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thanks Patricia! I am so excited. I never win anything. By the way, I love your layout and cards. Congrats on the American Craft DT, that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects! I especially love your clever idea of making a flower with banner pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to pin this one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love each project. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!