Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tribute to the Nook Using the Last Kit

First of all, I have to again say thank you to Pam, the owner of My Scrapbook Nook, and to Leah, the coordinator, for giving me a chance to design for this amazing kit club.  The kits were fabulous, but the members are the heart behind making the forum the best forum I've ever been part of.  Thank you Nook for letting me on the team these few shorts months.

_________________________

This was my last tutorial over at the Nook.  And I'd like to share here as well all of my projects using this last kit filled with Echo Park For the Record 2 goodness.

I played around with my die cutting machine and created the I {heart} U with my own handwriting. I saw this tutorial and had to try it. Need to play around with it more, but I liked it.  http://lifeinprintphotography.blogsp...ut-layout.html

So the layout started with that cut out. And I layered different strips of patter paper on cardstock to lay the cutout on top. Before I adhered the background pattern paper to the cardstock...I cut about 1/2 an inch from the sides, flipped it over, and misted the edges of the cardstock. Then flipped the pattern paper back over to adhere.

The next thing I did was use a background stamp over the I {heart} U. I liked how it added texture, but it added so much texture, that now the I {heart} U was hard to read. I kept looking at the layout, and you can see it in the photos as I worked on it that it didn’t stand out anymore, so the last thing I did was take the positive cutout of the I {heart} U, embossed it and layered back on top.  (also, you can see the misted edges in this photo below).
I had these silly photos we took of us during the hurricane Isaac with my FujiInstax camera, so I placed those on the layout. I started adding my die cuts from the die cutting machine, some of the stickers and chipboard from the kit until I liked the placement of everything.

Hope this inspires you to get creative with your diecutting machine, stamping, and misting. Here are photos of the final layout with the I {Heart} U embossed...
 The next projects, a layout and two cards were completed during Scrapfest.  
This one is very plain and simple...I left it (very hard for me to do), but I still felt like it needed more...that's just me though.  I wish I could scrap like this all the time, sure is fast!

 And the last two projects are cards.  The inspiration came from fellow Design Team Lily Bee member, Anna-Maria.  I did not do exactly what she did, but the diagonal strips were influenced by her tutorial.  This is my tribute card to the Nook...

 And one last card...another quick one...
 I used the sheet with borders so it looks like lots of different pattern paper but it's not.  I only added the brown ledger paper I border punched on top, added some stitching and the chipboard and stickers.


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous work, Patricia! I love how you layer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like one amazing kit, I love what you've done with it. The cutout title is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts and cards with the kit!!!! I laahoove their kits!!! Inspired to plug in Sally Silhouette and give me diecutting machine a workout this evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the details of how you completed your layout! I do need to play with my baby bug more. You have given me the inspiration! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow!!! I love this collection (i've made a calendar with) and all your creations are crazy !!!! I love the first layout, the yellow card too, huuummm in fact I love everything.... everything !!!! Bravo Patricia !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!