Monday, October 01, 2012

A Little Christmas Cheer

Happy Monday!  It's Day 1 of Lily Bee's Christmas Cheer inspiration.  You can see more amazing projects on the Lily Bee blog.
I {love} blue...like really really like it a whole lot.  Although I wouldn't call it my favorite color, I love all colors, but blue always gets me.  I think the added blue to this very classy vintage collection adds so much to that traditional red and green.  

I love scrapping with just one photo, it's quick and easy for design...but a lot of times I want more than one photo to tell the story.  

So I created a focal point for the main photo by using layering and different vertical strips leading up to the photo...using a border punch and a cut out die cut strip I cut with the Silhouette.
I added stitching and had to emboss those polka dots and polka dot banners with silver glitter zing to add some sparkle.  How cute is the vintage Santa?  The other two photos are off to the side in their own little vignette to show the rest of the story behind this fun Christmas day.
What seems to always be last and sometimes the toughest is the title.  I am (the majority of the time) a sappy scrapper...so it was all about my feelings as I looked at the priceless expression on my daughter's face Christmas morning.  What went through my mind was Christmas is just pure excitement for her...no hassles, no rushing, no getting everything ready...I believe Christmas is NOT just for kids...but seeing her excitement brings a flood of memories of how I felt as a child...so the title "Christmas Innocence" came, and I added a little bit of journaling...although on this one, I think I could have typed up a huge paragraph...maybe for another page.

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Your layoutvis beautiful and u captured the sparkle of Christmas and your daughter so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is soooooo sweet...sooo lovin' the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this layout is TOTALLY fantastic! I love the little stars down the side and the stitching--but the pictures are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fun layout Patricia!!!
    love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your LO is very beautiful. And this photo.... I love her expression, the joy in her face. What a great memory.

    This collection is great too and I love the stars too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!