Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall Splendor

I was so excited to have my first assignment up on the American Crafts blog yesterday.  I got to work with Pumpkin Patch.  It was a perfect fit for me, because I really do love Fall.  I think these were my favorite Thickers so far...they are not really big, very narrow, and can fit a lot on a page.
The page started with the cardstock and the graph pattern paper as the base...then I layered strips of other pattern paper...then I cut several leaves from the same pattern paper, just used both sides.  Stitched some zigzags down the middle of them and then tucked here and there
 The photo was taken by me while we were in Virginia for Thanksgiving last year.  A different but similar photo in color was published in Creating Keepsakes for rules of third.  
And for the second project, I decided to do a card.  This collection can really go both ways...Halloween or Fall/School related...again there's those Thickers...my absolutely favorite so far.
This card started out with three of the pie charts...but I really wanted to include a better focal point, so I felt that using just one pie was better, all cut with the Silhouette.  I put different pieces of pattern paper behind parts of the pie, layered some stickers and another die cut from Silhouette.  I did cover up the focal point, and added some mist splatters...thought it added some fun to the card.
Have you done any Fall scrapping yet?  I am ready to do more!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. These are so fabulous! I am LOVING all those gorgeous stitched leaves tucked all around your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing that photo in the magazine! :)
    Great layout with all that layering.
    And I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a huge fan of your work my sweet friend! Always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - this is so amazing! Your eye really draws into the layout! Love the photo too - incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this fall layout ( and what a beautiful picture) with all the leaves...
    Lové the card too and this cue pie !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoot for your first post at AC. Wow you sure are hooked up with the big manu's. Love all those leaves. Cameo I presume? Love the size of this layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome projects Patricia!! Love the colors and all the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just gorgeous! what an amazing layout- those leaves rock and the photo is fantastic! great card too- super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAACK!! Too FREAKING AWESOME! I LOVE that beautiful fall laves page- it's so eclectic- the sewing down the middle- AMAZING!!!!! I'm so happy you are part of the AC team- your work is so perfectly fresh and exciting- it's a great combo. I will now have to locate those fabulous alphas- why haven't I seen them before??? The card is gorgeous as well- beautifully layered and great contrast between elements.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are AMAZINGLY gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you never cease to amaze!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!