Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gauche Alchemy Guest Designer for October - 2nd Project

So excited to be able to share my 2nd project I made as a guest designer with Gauche Alchemy using the Money Shot kit.

I wanted to make a frame to show off the layers of paper, plus have something about photography to hang up.  I thought about doing the “Keep Calm and ‘Snap’ On.”  But as you could tell from my layout “Pre-School Rocks,” I am really liking the word bubbles. 
This came together quickly with just tearing different sheets of pattern papers from the kit and a few from my stash...layered some vellum on top, then stitched them together, no glue at all to hold them together.  I only glued the layers at once to the frame.  I love to pop dot everything, so that Snap word bubble got popped up, then the die cut camera from the reverse side of the Hambly paper went below it.  But I had to pop dot the heart and the ‘on.’  
Then I started tucking in here and there.  A little tiny piece of vintage paper with the 35¢ got adhered under the vellum (and if you notice it is a circle as is the flower and the circle around the ampersand, all this helps the eye to go around)...the strip of the punchinella behind the snap word bubble and to the left; and the wire screen got tucked behind the papers on the right.  Cut up tiny pieces of the lace and placed them in a zig zag pattern from top to bottom...very subtle, but such a vibrant color...the zig zag and color make your eye go from top to bottom and vice versa.  Added some of the rubons and washi tape to the top of the papers between Snap and the Camera.  Added the ampersand off to the side and on top of the Snap.  Felt like it needed to stand out more.  So misted the ampersand and used a circle cut from die cutting machine to place around it.

I was really liking that cord from the trim with the beads that I did with the Pre-School Rocks layout...so had to do that again.  Did some outlining.  Adding some seam binding ribbon from my stash (attached with glue dots) and the velvet flower to add a little softness.  Then the last things I added were the cameras misted in yellow, the jewels, more beads, and the photo corners...and yep, one got pop dotted!
I love to have things that I've made hanging up in the house, and this is no exception...love seeing it in the hallway.

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Love all the layers and variety of textures in this project! The happy yellows and teal really pop, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness this is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!!! Just so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love this! I especially like the stitching that you can see through the cut out word :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, love all the details and the mix of colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun- LOVE it! i know it looks super cool hanging too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. supah cute!!! I like!!1 : .)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love it♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES!!! This is AMAZING!!! LOVE the vellum layers with the bits and bobs peeking through- LOVE that you added a frame- it really makes the composition pop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really am inspired by this- the idea of taking different elements that really sing and putting them together and then presenting it as an element for the home... so cool. It's like a collage of amazing things! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!