Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jump & Jump

I have been very anxious to dig into more American Crafts goodies...and like all of the other lines so far I've played with, the Ready Set Go was so much fun to work with.  The hardest part was narrowing down what to use!
Love the warm colors from this line as well as the patterns.  Those blue/grey letters are my favorite I think...well, it all is!  I am ready to dig into even more, but not before playing with 5th and Frolic next.
These were photos from our recent Pumpkin Patch trip and shaping them to an arrow was inspired by Paige Evan's layout here.  I've always done either square, rectangle, or circles for photos...but I tried arrows this time...and I liked it!
When I shared my layout with the rest of the American Crafts team, some of the girls asked how I did the photos and nudged me to do a tutorial ;) So here goes...hope this makes sense...if any questions, let me know!  Very simple to do, don't be afraid to try it...and if you mess up, just hit the undo button!  Now I am ready to do more shaped photos...

Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. Fun layout!
    I love the arrow shaped photos.
    And that is such a great line to go with those pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to make me dig around for my ancient PSE software, aren't you? How adorable is this?! Love the vertical strips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that the photos are in the shape of arrows and loving the speech bubbles. what a fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic tutorial, Patricia! I adore your layout - so clever! Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool, Patricia. I think you are going to start a new trend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the cutest layout I've ever seen. The arrows - genius!
    Thank you for your video - you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the warm colors and the speech bubbles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great layout Patricia! I really love how those leaf spatters just match and enhance her jump!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful use of the Ready Set Go collection! I just love your arrow photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those arrow pixs are wonderful! way to think outside the box!!!

    and you gotta love a little girl that can sport an autumn hello kitty t-shirt with such a frilly skirt!!! fashionista!!!

    : .)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such a FUN layout--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh- this is adorable & what a cutie!! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh MY gracious! Only you and your awesomeness can come up with this!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patricia, you're so amazing. I loved the arrows, and I can see why the girls were excited to know how you made them (I was too!) A really cool thing about your work is the movement you create with different elements, while keeping great composition...this layout is the perfect example. Thanks so much again for the inspo. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. hmmmm Now I need to go look in Photoshop to see if there is something like a cookie cutter tool. I know elements has it, but not sure if the newer versions of Photoshop do. Thanks so much for the great tip!!! Darling layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout ! So dynamic !
    Tanks for the tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this. LOVE the colors, love the layers, love the photos! So much fun for fall. And thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!