Monday, November 19, 2012

American Crafts Kringle and Co Layout

I came across this old photo of my Mom and Dad and knew I had to scrap it with the American Crafts Kringle and Co line.  I tried to just use the red, cream, and black, but I couldn't do it...it needed that pop of another color...and green is another one of my favorite colors.  That dogwood sticker and the paper that matches is my absolutely favorite from this line.
 I also tried to keep this simple, since I thought the photo was so special, but it needed a little more color...so I added the banners...cut out with Silhouette, stitched together, then used the foam circles to adhere.
I used the Silhouette to size the title within a triangle.  The alphas with the collection are some of my favorites, but I had to use "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" with this very retro, 50's photo of my parents, so I needed really tiny letters for a long title.  My older sister thinks this was before she was born.  I could look for hours at old photos like this.  
Hope this inspired you to look through some old photos and scrap them.  This one to me is just priceless.
Paper Issues is having a Holiday theme up. Link up your projects here Reminisce is the sponsor for the week. You can see the details here to win. Do some shopping with code PATRICIA for 20% off here

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous page, Patricia! I love that photo of your mom and dad and can see why you had to scrap it!!!! I love your pops of green here, too. They look perfect!!! That banner is a wonderful touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's *lovely*. Very simple and clean with a vintage twist. I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a FANTASTIC picture love that banner as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! LOVE that photo and the green stitching :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!