Monday, November 26, 2012

American Crafts LO and Scrapwerk Magazine

Hope those celebrating Thanksgiving had a great holiday.  I spent it with my crazy little family...we had such a good time and good weekend.  Thankful for them and all my family and friends.
I have been printing some of the baby photos of Emma to scrap...again...yes, it really is okay to re-scrap a favorite photo...and this was my first favorite photo I took of her while in China.
I used the brand new American Crafts XOXO line, mixed in with a few tidbits of Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic (love how different lines go together) and pulled out all of the gorgeous spearment, blue green color with pops of soft and vibrant pinks.  She has congee on her face, by the way...it is basically over cooked rice with meats and vegetables...very good...similar to a porridge. 

I wanted to keep the layout soft, since this was when she was a baby...so I cut the title out of a soft green vellum.
Did lots of stamping, cutting and then placing where I wanted the arrows...
...and the heart...all from XOXO American Craft Line.
I really love the friends from all over the world I have met through this hobby.  Bina is one of them, and she was so sweet to ask if I would contribute to a brand new German magazine...it is a published magazine called Scrapwerk...she gave me four extra copies.  Just leave me a comment and I will pick four lucky winners to receive a copy.  I'll close this on Thursday and post the winners on Friday so I can get this to you soon since there's lots of Holiday inspiration in this one.  
Thank you for stopping by, and hope everyone has a good week!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. How lucky for you, congrats on the spot, that project is uber adorable Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, forget to say how much I adore that layout too, from the adorable photo, to the fabulous layering, and all the bits and pieces. So much to love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your layout. Congrats for contributing to Scrapwerk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally LOVE your layout - all the layers and color is amazing! Congrats on a new magazine, i'd love to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Love those pops of pink and red within all that green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a FUN time on Turkey day for you! GREAT layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That page is amazing! I love all the layers! Congrats too on the magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your scrapbook Layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. Didn't see you have a blog so I could return the comment.

      Delete
  9. Love the picture. Our daughters from China, now 16 and 12, still LOVE congee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DMG. Didn't see you have a blog so I could return the comment.

      Time goes too fast. I know I will blink, and our daughter will be all grown up.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!