Friday, November 02, 2012

Guesting on Studio Calico's Blog for the Nov Card Kit

I had to re-read my email a few times from Lisa Mack from Studio Calico asking me to be a guest blog using the November Card Kit.  To say the least, I was honored, and shocked all at the same time.  This ended up being more fun than I had imagined, because I got to work with Mel BlackburnKatie Ehmann, and Julie Campbell We were very excited to see what each other did.  Check out the Studio Calico blog to see what they made, very inspiring!
Here is what I did...I have said it before, but have to say again, I love blue...and even better blue with red...the 6x6 paper pad was gorgeous, the feathers (I need lots more), beautiful kit.  And the Hello is up at Studio Calico for sale as a cut file with several other designs.  They are only available for this month, so grab them all!
I think this card would be cute to give to a tween, teenager, and even my 4 year old for doing a great job.  Love all of the little die cuts that SC provides in their kits, even in the card kit.
One of my favorites, because I love argyle...the look it has to me, just means Fall...The maple leaves were another cut file, but I ungrouped it from the circle, and made them smaller.
Just the stamp set alone, and you could make so many more designs.  This one started out by stamping the three chevrons on the cardstock, but I wanted more dimension, so I cut the rows out, then adhered to another card, and stitched down the middle.   Have I said how much I love blue...
I need to take a picture of my daughter's Old Navy boots, because they inspired this card.  Feathers are very much in fashion right now, so the trip to Old Navy and her boots had me rushing home to get that inspiration on paper.  I sprayed three different colors of Mr. Huey's on a non-stick mat, then sprayed a few times with water to water it down.  Took a small paint brush and painted the feathers to compliment the colors of the pattern paper.
Had so much fun doing these cards...so thankful for the opportunity Studio Calico gave me, and I really enjoyed working with Lisa Truesdell.

We had a fun day yesterday for Halloween.  Emma had her school Fall Party.  She was a Super Cat for that.  (baby cat towel thrown over her head, Snow White skirt, and the Old Navy boots with the feathers)
Originally we were all going to be pirates...I've lost count how many times she changed her mind after we decided that...then just in one day (Halloween day), she changed costumes 3 times...so for trick or treating she went as a butterfly.
 HUGE HUGE HUGE difference in how she was at the school party and for trick or treating from last year.  She is so much more grown up and sprouting those wings...she has never walked on her own for trick or treating...I see so many changes in her right now...so very proud of her...
Hope everyone had a safe Halloween or Fall activities which ever you celebrate.  Hope you get some scrapping done...I should have the Halloween mini album finished over the weekend.

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. These are absolutely awesome!! You did an amazing job with the kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY AMAZINGNESS!!!! Love all of these. Cards don't usually get me jazzed... but these get me jazzed! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.k., that argyle card is pretty much the best thing ever!! Love the Halloween pics of Miss Emma too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    Amazing cards and I love what you did with the veneer feathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally rocked that kit... and that girl is darling! Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous my friend, love, love every single one♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovin what you created! Fantastic cards! And super congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love every single card! The halloween pics are so cute! I bet you have some awesome layouts planned with those photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC cards, what an honor! And you little one is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, Emma is SO beautiful. She looks like so much fun.

    I love Studio Calico stuff. I keep getting tempted to subscribe to a kit club but then I think about taking the cash to a LS (or an online one!) and picking out exactly what I like. But it never looks as pulled together or as fun as the Studio Calico kits!

    I love your cards so much- I really do. You have a great sense of structure and texture and color... everything just jumps off the screen. I'm in awe of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are so stunning! I especially love the one with the multicoloured leaves! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!