Friday, November 16, 2012

Lily Bee Fall Frame

I always like to grab inexpensive frames or anything that I think might be fun to alter while at Target, Hobby Lobby, or Michael's.  These 5x7 frames were in pink that I found at Target.  Came in a pack of 3 for about $4.  What I didn't realize is they were plastic.  I guess I could have painted it but I decided to dress it up a little more with pattern paper.  I used Zip Dry glue to adhere and it did just fine against that plastic.
I really didn't need to dress up the frame too much.  I wanted it for our photo from the Pumpkin Patch.  I did make my photo a 4x6 instead of 5x7 and matted it against the orange hexagon pattern paper.  I felt like it looked better with a matting.  The cardstock sticker banners and alphas were great for decorating the frame because of their size.  I layered each banner sticker on more pattern paper, then cut out, leaving a border around the stickers...did some stitching, then adhered with Zip Dry glue.
I used the Silhouette to cut out the leaf and the label to back the "family" cardstock sticker.
This was really a quick, simple project to make.  I kept the frame itself blue, using blue polka dots on the inside of the frame and the floral blue on the outside.  The banner and the leave embellishment were more of the richer, Fall colors.

Be sure to go to the Lily Bee blog to see the products I used, but especially to see what the very talented and inspiring Andrea Budjack has created using the Lily Bee cardstock stickers

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. what a sweet and SPECIAL decoration--AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE this. What a great thing for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous, the stitching is divine. This makes me want to go hunting for cheap frames - they'd make such great gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautiful & that photo is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia!!! I commented on this over at sb.com, but just had to come visit your blog, too! I love how you stitched the banner!!! And again, that photo of you and your family is awesome and very heartwarming. Just makes me want to smile! Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your frame!! Gives me an idea for my next project! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so sweet! Love that banner :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!