Friday, November 30, 2012

Lots of Carta Bella Projects

When I first saw Carta Bella's Paris Girl online, I thought it was too much pink to work with, but once I got it and had the chance to play with it, there's lots of pretty shades of pink, mauve and grey with black accents.  And just like all their 12x12 collection, the paper is very thick with texture.  Beautiful collection.

Did a couple of quick projects.  This first one is a birthday card.  This card was quick by keeping the background simple and adding the clusters along with the small round stickers to spell out the sentiment.  Using pop dots, the doily, stitching, ribbon (seam binding), and the cut out vellum butterflies added interest and softness to the card.


 This next project is a layout.  I picked out the background paper first, decided on doing an 81/2 x 11 (one of my most favorite sizes), and matted it with the black polka dot paper.  I usually like lots of contrast in colors whenever I create anything, so that is how I choose my papers and embellishments.
 I did the fussy cutting of the banners from the pattern paper next, and pop dotted the one on top for more dimension.  I picked out a simple pattern paper where the photo would go...then matted the photo with a simple grey pattern.  Layered the stickers and doilies around the photo to frame it.
 Thinking of a title with how sweet Emma is on her Dad's lap waiting for ballet to start...I came across this design (last day for all designs at $.50) in my Silhouette Studio software...and really could not be more perfect with the collection.  I did purchase that little Eiffel tower just to use with this collection and adhered it with Zip Dry glue.
Such a pretty frilly collection...and super quick card and layout.

More Carta Bella...

Up on the Carta Bella blog this yesterday, a layout made with the Merry and Bright Collection.
It did not start out this way...it was one that got cut apart and a re-do, then I liked it.


Jennifer Gallacher made this sketch based on my layout...love how this came out...think I may be using this design again.
And today on the Carta Bella blog is another layout using the Merry and Bright Collection.  This layout was inspired by the chipboard piece saying "Countdown to Christmas."
I wanted to have little windows cut out to decorate...and represent the last 12 days before Christmas.


So this is how this layout was made...

For my layout, I knew I wanted use little “windows” to represent counting down the 12 days before Christmas.  So I used the Silhouette Studio, opened labels (Design id #18632 
6/03/2011 4 labels by Lori Whitlockthat had to parts to them.  But instead of cutting them both as is, I cut the inside label out (in red), and used the sketch pen to draw the outer label (in green). 
It took a little bit of time to do because I needed them together to design, but then separated to sketch and cut.  So I selected and then grouped just the red inside labels and temporarily moved them to another new document.  Sent the sheet through to do the sketch of the green outside labels, then brought the red inside labels back to line up with the green, then had to select and move all the green to another sheet.   
A little more involved then just sending through once, but I love the effect it gave.  I backed each “window” (label) with pattern papers, then embellished.  Some have dates to mark the countdown.

__________________________________
I have winners to announce for the brand new Scrapwerk German published magazine from this blog post. Please email me at patriciaroebuck@me.com with your address, and I'll get a copy to you!  CONGRATS!

soapHOUSEmama
Diana Waite
Patricia
laury55

I can't believe it is almost December...we are off to the big Mall to see Santa, ride the train, then go to the park to see Christmas lights...hope everyone has a great weekend!!!  

Monday I will have another Carta Bella layout and an awesome sketch from Becky Fleck to go with it.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, you have been busy! They are all amazing and I just pinned those last two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects Patricia! Each one is so unique and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo in the first page- I remember that's what drew mw to your work when I was exploring over at SB.com- the attention to light and small family moments with lots of visual meaning- just beautiful! Also- COOL TITLE!!! I really need to get a Silhouette! I also really admire how you always find your way around a collection of paper- from girly to graphic to vintage/ eclectic- you can scrap it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are GORGEOUS! I am so not a pink girl but when I look at the first two images, I think "crisp" and not pink. Lovely! It makes me reconsider my "oh, I don't really use that color..." reaction to some products I like.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!