Thursday, November 08, 2012

Project Life, Weeks 39, 40, and 41

 Lots of Project Life to share.  And as the year is getting closer to an end, I'm excited to start Project Life again.  This was my first and it was a learning experience for me.   One thing I kept wanting out of this was simplicity or not the attention to detail that I would put into a layout, card, or other project.   

Here's  a snapshot of our week 39.  Lots of everyday things, but all captured and documented.  There's a huge event in the middle on the right.  Emma wanted to stay for a long day at school.  She was so excited.  We packed her sleeping bag, her stuffed friends, and she was set.  I picked her up, she came over to me, and whispered in my ear "I liked it."  I didn't know what to do with myself ;)
My friend, Deb, told me about Becky Higgins having a call for a new design team.  Deb is part of the 2012 team.  I told her my spreads are anything but simple.  Well, I did put in, but as I looked around Becky Higgins' site, I realized just how simple this project is supposed to be.
 The one thing I have done right with the simplicity of Project Life, I think, is I kept moving.  I didn't give it the time I would any other project, even though it may not look like it.  I grab what is near or already cut and can get a spread done in an hour.
Here's week 40.  Dennis and I celebrated 22 years.  Lots of little things, Emma and I getting packages from Cassie at Paper Issues.

 I think that photo of the three of us is my favorite.  Don't know why I put October 22, should be the 6th!
Week 41, play date with Merrin, getting ready for Halloween, and a trip to the zoo.



So tonight, I pulled out just the Project Life kit (Clementine), a few stamps, a little washi, nothing else, but the photos and a pen.  I think I love Project Life even more.  

I have lots of stamping in these Project Life spreads.  Paper Issues is having a theme up right now called Stamp on It!  And Hero Arts is our sponsor!  Head over to Paper Issues for the theme, and a chance to win.  Do a little shopping and save 20% with code:

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. HaHa! Remember that "creepy" photo from your Facebook post! :)

    And love the photo of you and Emma (in the car?)
    Great PL pages.
    Really makes me want to jump on board next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are so amazing! I love every bit of them. What a great idea to stamp the row of numbers and circle the week! And I love how you turned a polaroid cut out on it's side for the title spot. My favorite pic is the one of all three of you together. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely as always - makes me think I need to stick to a kit next year... hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful--I especially like the pictures of you and your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is nice, I hope you don't mind, I saw a project of yours in October's Scrapbook Trends and I used it for inspiration. Of course I gave you a shout out. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your project life as always! It's so fun and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am always so inspired by your PL spreads- just gorgeous! iyou make me want to print out my digi files & add stamps & die cuts & fun embellies LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice spreads! I like all the stamping and bits of tape--a quick way to add pops of color and simple details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you know how much I love your project life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your pages. LOVE them. They are so visually compelling but they also manage to share the stories. I'm so inspired! I'm trying to do a little more of the "Project Life" style in my journal and remember that a page is just a page- it can be divided into blocks and used that way. Thanks for sharing these with us- they are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!