Monday, November 05, 2012

Thankful LO and Emma in the ER

Stacey Michaud and I are up on the Lily Bee blog today with the focus on Thanksgiving/Thankful.  So please check out what Stacey did and more information about my layout. 



Today instead of my focus talking about how I did the layout, I just want to say the "Thankful" theme couldn't be more appropriate after this weekend.

We took Emma to the ER Saturday evening.  We had my sister and brother-in-law over and Emma all of a sudden went to her room to lay down.  She said her heartbeat was really fast and that her chest was hurting.  We knew she had gotten into the sugar that morning after doing her baking and thought that was the cause.  Another fear was she had picked up rocks in an area where Dennis had sprayed weed killer.  It was dry, but she didn't wash her hands when she ate Cheerios later.

Later I went into her room, she was flat on her back, eyes closed, and pale.  She didn't respond to my voice or touch right away.  I was panicking to say the least.  After we got her up finally, she did throw up a few times.  But then she kept acting like she was about to fall asleep or pass out...she wasn't herself.

Called and spoke with the on-call nurse.  He said it could be arrhythmia (heart irregularity) and we need to be safe, so brought her to the ER.  After doing an EKG, an X-ray (which is to check for an enlarged heart - more panicking), then they hooked her up to a monitor (a little more panicking) - actually we were calm...and she was brave.
The ER did what they could do to get her stable and okay...They did give her Zofran for the nausea...which I think that had passed...it was the lethargic and not herself problem that bothered us. She slept good that night, then the next day, she went back to her bed again and slept for several hours...really was not herself until late last night.

We are heading to her doctor this afternoon and hopefully it is nothing but still want to follow-up.  Emma did have a fast heartbeat on a visit with her doctor before and they followed up.  It was lower but still fast.  I do know a lot of it is nerves...we even would check her throughout the day.  

Dennis and I just want to say from Instagram to FB friends, we cannot thank everyone enough for the thoughts and prayers.  It may be nothing, but it is still scary.  We both no longer have our parents, and specifically our Moms anymore, to rely on.  So we are truly touched by everyone's thoughts and prayers.

XOXO

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Patricia! Thinking of all of you and keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout and poor baby. I pray she will be ok and you guys get some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing! Praying for a quick resolution/diagnosis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this must have been incredibly difficult! Thanks for being so open about it! LOVE the double page- so beautiful but mostly I'm very glad Emma is feeling better and that this medical issue will be cleared up. The photo of her little chest with the big cross on it in that big room bring a tera to my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you all that this will pass.What a terrible ting to go through---thanks for being open. We are all there for you! Hugs and positive vibes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your little Emma we will be praying that u get answers and she is okay. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your sweet girl is feeling better...how scary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope your SWEET girl is okay--I have been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I can't even imagine the panic you must have felt!!! I am SOOOOO glad that you now know she is ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so scary! I'm thankful they checked her out and i'm really glad she's doing better. i'm such a wreck at even the slightest thing! {{BIG HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is TERRIFYING! I am so glad everything is okay. Wow. Poor bunny, but so BRAVE! When Gracie was much smaller, and we were just discovering her range of allergies and asthma, she had a few visits to the ER. Different things would set her off- certain foods, too much sugar, anxiety, excitement.... She was so much calmer about it than we were. They are just so resilient. *huge giant hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!